Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA merge with another guild? Shit, the new guys wouldn't have any pixels for over 8 months.
Quite obvious you haven't played this game beyond the first week of Velious. BDA up until the swap to Phinny had been the raid force with the least amount of players on the entire server. A/A/Anonity/CSG all had significantly more players than us on average. It's astonishing how wrong you are about almost everything you say.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Oh zing, I must have struck a nerve there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager
If succeeding meant dissolving your guild and being absorbed into a zerg for 6 months until it burned itself out, all the while spending 99% of your in game time preparing or waiting for 10 minutes of game to happen, I think failure is the more attractive outcome. BDA may have left for Phinny, but BDA is still BDA. How's the A-Team doing these days?
Wait a minute. I a) stopped banging my head against the wall trying to get the staff to implement a rotation and or favor the casual guilds b) got my velious pixels c) basically never tracked d) no longer have to do a huge amount of unpaid work as a guild leader. And you are somehow saying this was a failure on my part? How, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990
Doesn't exactly take a lot of effort or hard work to "succeed" by just merging your guild with the #1 guild and piggybacking their success. If you don't think BDA could've merged into Ramp or FA in early Velious and become "successful" you're insane.
I don't think Rampage would have wanted BDA. Forsaken was recruiting everyone with a pulse, though. But I don't really see why FB would have done better than FA against Rampage. Worse, probably.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Right, the "casually hardcore" mentality wouldn't have fit...better to keep your self importance with a prime seat at the loot council table and have numerous new recruits bending the knee than be a nobody in a higher up guild.

amirite?
Old 05-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude literally said on Sirken's stream that within the rotation, the name of the game is having a thin raid force to maximize pixel attainment; "doing more with less."

Then folds into the competitive zerg.

Credibility zero.
Within a rotation, you get more pixels. Without, you need to zerg for variance. I don't see why this is hard for you to understand.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

I still remember that time BDA tried to help A-Team wit Trakanon one morning and Raev had no clue how to split mobs out of his room without training the raid.

Truly one of the worst played monks on the server. But he did get into Rampage in time to get Fungi robe, so I guess that's a victory.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Fire Giant

Oh, I understand. The captain of the sinking ship is always guaranteed a lifeboat.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Rampage would have wanted BDA. Forsaken was recruiting everyone with a pulse, though. But I don't really see why FB would have done better than FA against Rampage. Worse, probably.
Rampage wouldn't want BDA and that's why the leader of Rampage and several officers joined BDA after they split up. Makes total sense!

As for your other point about Asgard doing better than BDA would have with Forsaken. I really don't know what you're even talking about. Has Asgard ever done better than BDA when they were on their own? Not that I can remember but admittedly I took a decently long break before Velious came out.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

56 pages

Yikes
Old 05-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still remember that time BDA tried to help A-Team wit Trakanon one morning and Raev had no clue how to split mobs out of his room without training the raid.
This happens in casual guilds... and it's a great thing. You know, newer era players and raiders learning content for the first time.

This mentality is the reason BDA went for the pixel grab... "they can't do what we can do, lets set the bar higher".

Then when you flip the switch in Velious, "we're not as good as A/A...we need raid concessions or a rotation"

Doesn't work both ways, sorry about that. Biggest hypocrit guild on the server, and they shot themselves in the foot for short term gains. Karma eh?

Glad they're having fun on Phinny, they'll continue to look in here daily - I don't mind reminding them of their bad decisions towards the end of Kunark.

Now lets stick to the meta and have a few BDA guys post below to drown out the truth and attempt some bad spin.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has Asgard ever done better than BDA when they were on their own? Not that I can remember but admittedly I took a decently long break before Velious came out.
How many threads were made about Asgard being dicks compared to BDA?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread