Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Kobold

Default Rondo Dunfire - Part of Parrying Pick 628

I am attempting to complete the Parrying Pick 628 quest that is started in North Kaladim. I have managed to get 3 of the four tongues from the Dwarven bandits but it does not appear that Rondo Dunfire spawns as he is supposed to in Crushbone.

According to Allakhazam's site Rondo Dunfire looks as if he should be spawning in the Slaver mines. I was just camping the mines for 2 hours and did not see a sign of him. The two Crushbone slavers spawned in the center with two dwarf slaves along the wall. There was also a Elven slave at loc 3.07, 387.71, -14.40 who when killed spawned another Crushbone slaver.

During this two hours there was a group constantly pulling the slavers and any other orcs in the area and Rondo never appeared.

Is he there and I was just in the wrong spot or was he playing hard to get?

I would like to be able to finish this quest which then leads to the Miners Pick rogue weapon quest.

Thanks in advance for your time...

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Last edited by Brund the Decrepit; 02-06-2010 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I can confirm Rondo is spawning. 11% chance, if you've seen Kelynn, then you've seen Rondo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Kobold

Ok, thats is what I needed to know. I have killed Kelynn just to see what happened but he bounced between himself and a Slaver. The faction hits stink if he is the placeholder. Was it always like that?

Thank you for the update!

Classic:
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Kobold

I am still wondering if an Elven Slave should be part of this placeholder spawn list. My faction with the Wood Elves is being torn to pieces trying to get Rondo to spawn. Was this really how it was supposed to be?

Is there a way for me to get rid of the slave without poking him in the heart?

Thanks again for your time.

Classic:
Last edited by Brund the Decrepit; 02-11-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Old 02-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Aviak

After a bit of research I found this tidbit:

Quote:
To clear a few things up: Kelynn is not on the same spawn as Rondo Dunfire but rather the slave which spawns next to Rondo. I can confirm this as i have seen both spawned at once. If i were really desperate to get kelynn to spawn i would most likely just kill the slaves that spawn next to the broken wheelbarrow in the slaver caves.
Rondo does seem to be on the same spawn as one of the slaves on the right side of the cave. However, I do remember him being *very* common back in the day, somewhere around 33% chance to spawn, maybe more. I would see him very often.

As for getting him to spawn without killing the slaves - well your only choice is to free the slaves. Kill the slavers, get the keys and free the slaves until he spawns.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Unhappy

Well after about 6 hours of camping that spot next to the wheel barrow I have seen:

Kelynn
Orc Slaver
Elven Slave

This was while groups have been clearing the rest of the caves and no sign of Rondo. I have even shouted in the zone if I was not in the cave asking people if they have seen him and no one has.

Between the faction hits and the time involved I don't think the parrying pick is worth the effort anymore. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it!

Classic:
Old 02-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubehacker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After a bit of research I found this tidbit:

Rondo does seem to be on the same spawn as one of the slaves on the right side of the cave. However, I do remember him being *very* common back in the day, somewhere around 33% chance to spawn, maybe more. I would see him very often.

As for getting him to spawn without killing the slaves - well your only choice is to free the slaves. Kill the slavers, get the keys and free the slaves until he spawns.
Thanks to this. I moved him to a slightly more appropriate spot. I won't say exactly where, but it is near a wheelbarrow. You can now get him to spawn by killing slavers and giving keys.

Quote:
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 02-14-2010 at 11:51 PM..
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Been camping slavers for about 2 hours now and not a single Rondo spawn. I've NEVER seen him in Crushbone on this server, spent 4 levels there so far and I check the spawn every chance I get. Just an FYI.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Developer

Just checked and confirmed, Rondo is indeed spawning. Your luck just sucks.

(Psst, stop killing slavers, start turning in keys.)

Quote:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just checked and confirmed, Rondo is indeed spawning. Your luck just sucks.

(Psst, stop killing slavers, start turning in keys.)
Appreciate the check, Aeolwind. Guess my luck is just, really, really bad.

(Psst, killing slavers gives me keys, so I've been doing both! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Closed Thread