Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

P99 NEEDS A FEDERAL RESERVE.
STABLE PRICES MEANS 2% INFLATION PER YEAR!! WUT?
Old 10-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you mean, does not have supply and demand then you are wrong. Many items like Holgresh Elder Beads prove this. P99 economy is screwy but it most certainly does involve supply and demand.
Even some stuff that still drops go up because of patches that impact the supply and demand. People think the triple attack patch is coming soon (for almost a year now lol) so the demand for T-Staff goes up, the price almost doubles, and stays there. Sneak pulling nerf happened, Bio Orb became more useful for pulling, price skyrockets.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even some stuff that still drops go up because of patches that impact the supply and demand. People think the triple attack patch is coming soon (for almost a year now lol) so the demand for T-Staff goes up, the price almost doubles, and stays there. Sneak pulling nerf happened, Bio Orb became more useful for pulling, price skyrockets.
Right. ^

I honestly have no idea how Baler says "there's no suppy and demand on p99," then proclaim all who do not agree as ignorant or less intelligent.

It's pretty clear there definitely is a supply and demand facet to the economy on p99.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99's economy is not supply and demand.
Explain what you mean, or be quiet.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain what you mean, or be quiet.
He won't bother, it's too complicated for people like us. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Lol @ Baler's argument.

"P99 is not supply and demand"
"It's not entirely supply and demand, but there are are S&D factors in the economy"
"*sigh* it is not supply and demand, youre stupid"
"What do you mean IT *isn't*? The economy is more complex than that"
"Gahhh, you just don't get it. It's not supply and demand"

Gee whizz, what a supreme economic genius
Old 10-29-2017, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

There comes a point where people are so rooted in their own belief they can't even hear you if you're screaming it in their face. And that's what is happening. Shit posting and people looking for me to slip up and say something dumb.

I never claimed to be the all knowing economist. But I know for a fact that P99 and other emulated mmorpg servers are not supply and demand. And just because YOU don't have my experience doesn't mean I'm wrong. But if you're unwilling to even consider the idea then anything I say will just be another log on your fire.

inb4 someone quotes a specific spot or trys to twist my words. I make 1 post and people start having a conniption. jeez.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There comes a point where people are so rooted in their own belief they can't even hear you if you're screaming it in their face. And that's what is happening. Shit posting and people looking for me to slip up and say something dumb.

I never claimed to be the all knowing economist. But I know for a fact that P99 and other emulated mmorpg servers are not supply and demand. And just because YOU don't have my experience doesn't mean I'm wrong. But if you're unwilling to even consider the idea then anything I say will just be another log on your fire.

inb4 someone quotes a specific spot or trys to twist my words. I make 1 post and people start having a conniption. jeez.
It's not that you "just made one post not claming anything"

It's that you made a post refuting someone and if someone asks you "What do you mean?" You just reply with "You're just wrong, sorry if you don't believe me". Not a very engaging discussion and worthy of mockery.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Any market, real or virtual, that has an exchange of goods or services incorporates the economic principle of supply and demand. What you really meant to say was "some emulated mmorpg servers have a lower price elasticity of demand than others".

Other than that, you are simply incorrect.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Well, alright, so explain it. All you've done is say people are wrong and should google. Explain what you mean, please, I actually am interested. I like economics theory, and I'd be interested in what you have to say besides 'you are all wrong'.