Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

I wish I made my enchanter first. But i suppose i might not have rolled a cleric if i didnt play it first so maybe it paid off.

I do sometimes wish I made Eberron a human for dragon helm fashion at end game but didnt have enough insight to do this from the beginning.

I also desperately wish I could race change my iksar warrior to dark elf or wood elf.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-24-2019, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricke75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally happy being an Iksar Shaman.

Rolled? Y'all use dice to create these characters? :P
D12 pick a race
then roll to pick a class, diety
Then rank stats by importance for your character, roll a
D<total stat allocation points> - put this many points in primary stat
D <remaining stat points> - into the second
and so on.

Could be a fun way to play, though you may want to swap race/class if you want an even chance at playing each class (race first will give you high chance for warrior and rogue...). Also getting unlucky and winding up as bertox gnome warrior with all his points in intelligence could be a... unique challenge.

Actually sounds fun enough I may do this for like half my slots on green. Whether i end up playing those chars is something different!
Old 09-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you wish you would have rolled differently? Stats, race or class? How many non iksar necros wish they wouldve rolled iksar? Or how many iksar necros wish they rolled a different race?
Interesting thread! My main is a Wood Elf Druid and I've never once regretted rolling her the way I did. I love using her Tunare-only items (Gloves of Earthcrafting, Warden Symbol of Tunare).

I do have a Dark Elf Necro (which my boyfriend strongly encouraged me not to make lol) So far he's only Level 14, so I can't really know yet if I regret rolling him the way I did. But he's been alright so far.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class, no. Rogue is super lazy and I love it for a "main".

I regret not going gnome, though; wall vision is an S tier racial ability.
Get a halfling mask for wall vision.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a halfling mask for wall vision.
Not as good and fuck that camp, I'll just stick to double shrinks.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

I don't regret my iksar shaman and he looks baller with his epic
Old 09-24-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Wish I would have gone bard from the start of my EQ career. Wasted a lot of time leveling a ranger to 30 and then random other classes until finally going bard and falling in love.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish I would have gone bard from the start of my EQ career. Wasted a lot of time leveling a ranger to 30 and then random other classes until finally going bard and falling in love.
I hear that. I want to fresh on green but my blue main is already the greatest class.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

On Live (Bristlebane) I made a Barbarian Shaman named Loramin ... not for any good or logical reason, but because my friend who got me to play was making a Barbarian Warrior, and I wanted to play with him so I made a Barbarian also (and a Shaman seemed like a better match than a Rogue). Oh, and Loramin was a server-generated name [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fast forward a decade-plus. I discover P99 and make ... a Barbarian Shaman named Lormain. Now look, I read the Shaman's Crucible back in the day (you think this forum has a lot of arguments about the best Shaman race?) I knew full well that Ogre was "the best" Shaman race at max level ... but I made the Barbarian anyway.

Maybe I like the XP bonus, or maybe it's the faction in good cities. Maybe it's my lovely polar bear hat and the fact that I can turn into a polar bear: I dunno. But I have never regretted making or re-making Loramin.

The one character I do regret though is my Iksar Necromancer. I caved into the pressure and made an Ikky Necro instead of a Dark Elf like I did on live ... and now I never play him.

On Green I'm planning to start a (guilt-free) Dark Elf Necromancer, and I'm really looking forward to it. Now the only question is, do I make him as character #1 or #2 or ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Attempting 3 different classes as an iksar due to their Op racial abilities but realizing at the end of day the race is just ugly af with shitty animations.

Troll 4tw
Last edited by Crede; 09-24-2019 at 04:36 PM..
Closed Thread