Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-19-2023, 04:37 PM
Banned

Goon Squad for life, I never made it past tier 4 on my Paladin but he was a ringer for a few lower end raid guilds breaking in
Old 02-19-2023, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

pickup raids with pally ringers were some of the best raids i did, how i got my start was when https://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fo...hp?char=drukal started sniping targets at all hours of the night. and chaotic winds might of been the guild i was in, now that i looked at drukal's fomelo
Old 02-21-2023, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Minecraft is pretty good if you want something similar to the early level game where you’re gathering mats to make weapons, armour, food etc.
they let you play split screen i believe but only 2 people?
definitely worth getting a copy on each switch imho if you're playing with more than 2.
im not sure if they have cross platform play or not? but it is on multiple platforms.

if you pick it up lmk what ya think!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-21-2023, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they let you play split screen i believe but only 2 people?
definitely worth getting a copy on each switch imho if you're playing with more than 2.
im not sure if they have cross platform play or not? but it is on multiple platforms.

if you pick it up lmk what ya think!
There is a good chance we already have it. Little victories like doing well on a course work, grading at martial arts, reaching the next stage at swimming, are usually celebrated with a new switch game. Many get forgotten about.

Will dig thru the basket!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-21-2023, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

If they get local network COOP play up soonish, Lantern EQ is looking to remake Classic on a modern engine.

To be honest running the alpha feels like a dream come true already. It feels so classic but smooth.

I hope that some day p99 and Lantern EQ meet and have smooth running classic babies.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

unless p99 hands over the database, its gonna take them awhile to unfuck that default PEQ one, unless that shit is just out in the wild these days, i don't go looking for that shit anymore
Old 02-21-2023, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pickup raids with pally ringers were some of the best raids i did, how i got my start was when https://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fo...hp?char=drukal started sniping targets at all hours of the night. and chaotic winds might of been the guild i was in, now that i looked at drukal's fomelo
What's the population like on SoD? Anything like P99?
Old 02-21-2023, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

it's like red last i logged in, you'd need to move an entire guild to the server and start at tier 1 to prolly to have any fun. they do seasons now that sorta gets people playing again but i haven't bothered. its legit one of the best handcrafted custom everquest servers to exist though. like the main quest story was written by someone who actually gave a fuck, it was cool.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the population like on SoD? Anything like P99?
Now it looks to be less than 100 on peak in the server list, when I see it anyways. Lots of those will be twoboxes I guess.

Back when I played it was usually about 1000+ during peak hours. SoD had a lot of 6 person custom content and I think all the raids were capped at 18 ppl if drug addled memory serves so it worked alright.
Old 02-21-2023, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's like red last i logged in, you'd need to move an entire guild to the server and start at tier 1 to prolly to have any fun. they do seasons now that sorta gets people playing again but i haven't bothered. its legit one of the best handcrafted custom everquest servers to exist though. like the main quest story was written by someone who actually gave a fuck, it was cool.
Seasons is a concept a lot of EQ players can get behind, I'm surprised red hasn't had a seasons thing put on it.