Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 02:17 AM
Kobold

Default Diety questions for troll sk

So I plan to roll a Troll SK on green. I know if I choose to worship CT I can use the ogre cultural gear later on, but will I be able to make it myself or do I need an Ogre blacksmith? Secondly, if I choose CT how well will I be received by the dark elf sk guild? Also same question but assume I choose Innoruuk, and go to train in Oggok.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Bear in mind that the last Shadowknight skill, Disarm, comes at level 40. Once you hit 40+ and train that skill, you never have to use a trainer again. And once you have all your vendor-purchasable spells, you might not see Grobb again for a year. Or any of those other cities. Just make sure classic city factions are only a small factor in your decision.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

It's been a while but I believe you're dubious in neriak as a troll sk of CT

The lore between trolls and dark elves is better than ogres and dark elves.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been a while but I believe you're dubious in neriak as a troll sk of CT

The lore between trolls and dark elves is better than ogres and dark elves.
What is the lore, always knew they had a loose alliance but never saw the history.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:24 AM
Kobold

So made a troll sk CT worshipper on the green beta just now and ran him to Neriak to see. The denizens of Neriak 3rd Gate ranged from apprehensive to warmly. The SK and Necro GMs were apprehensive. I didn't poke around the other guilds within Neriak. I'm going to try an inn troll later in oggok, will report back when I'm finished.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Cool

Even though a troll sk can wear Ogre cultural armor I don't think they can make it? (Not sure).... You have to use the Oggock or Neriak specific forge not the regular forge thats available in each city. But a troll can still do blacksmithing and make banded etc. in Grobb. I might test that out today on green. Regardless cultural armor doesn't exist in the beginning for any race. It's patched in down the road. So you could work yourself up to banded just to get the skill ready (And have armor) in case you can make it when it's patched in and available. I think the problem may be that the vendors in Oggock and Neriak won't sell you the components to make it?

Last edited by gl0ri0s0; 10-20-2019 at 09:46 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ri0s0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though a troll sk can wear Ogre cultural armor I don't think they can make it? (Not sure).... You have to use the Oggock or Neriak specific forge not the regular forge thats available in each city. But a troll can still do blacksmithing and make banded etc. in Grobb. I might test that out today on green. Regardless cultural armor doesn't exist in the beginning for any race. It's patched in down the road. So you could work yourself up to banded just to get the skill ready (And have armor) in case you can make it when it's patched in and available. I think the problem may be that the vendors in Oggock and Neriak won't sell you the components to make it?
Correct, each race can only make its own cultural, even if another race can wear it.

Also, for anyone interested in comparing Shadow Knight Innoruuk gear with Cazic Thule gear (and I also added these links to the Shadow Knight page) ...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...iper_Equipment

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...iper_Equipment

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-20-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 11:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs down

Hmmm. I made a troll sk worshipping Cazic Thule on Green server. Ran him to Oggok to the Oggok Forge. (Conning all the way) Guards were indifferent...All npcs to the forge (Vendors etc.) were apprehensive. I tried the Oggok forge...it opened. I tried the blacksmithing npc's standing near it. The opened there inventory and would let me buy. (If I had the money) Of course because I created a new charachter I had no money and cultural components weren't in the game yet. But they seemed like they would sell to me. Now I'm wondering if a troll sk CAN make Ogre cultural armor when possible in the future? Unless, when you do the combine in the Oggok forge you get an error message because of your race?...Anybody know for sure?

Old 10-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ri0s0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm. I made a troll sk worshipping Cazic Thule on Green server. Ran him to Oggok to the Oggok Forge. (Conning all the way) Guards were indifferent...All npcs to the forge (Vendors etc.) were apprehensive. I tried the Oggok forge...it opened. I tried the blacksmithing npc's standing near it. The opened there inventory and would let me buy. (If I had the money) Of course because I created a new charachter I had no money and cultural components weren't in the game yet. But they seemed like they would sell to me. Now I'm wondering if a troll sk CAN make Ogre cultural armor when possible in the future? Unless, when you do the combine in the Oggok forge you get an error message because of your race?...Anybody know for sure?
This has nothing to do with Green or Ogres/Trolls specifically (unless the devs happened to introduce a Green-specific cultural forge bug for some reason). Anyone can open a cultural forge, but only certain races can click the combine button successfully.

Cultural tradeskills are race-specific, and have been since 2000 (or whenever they were introduced). It's THEIR ENTIRE POINT: to differentiate races by having each one make their own armor/jewelry.

In the vast majority of cases cultural can also only be worn by the race that makes it, but (as in this case) there are exceptions. But there are no exceptions on the smithing part because, again, that's the whole point of the cultural part of cultural tradeskills.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

I tried to use the Ogre forge in Oggok on a troll on Green a couple of days ago and got a message saying that only Ogres can use it...
Closed Thread