Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I think the increased spawn rate is kinda smart. At least for the newbie zones.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-15-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the increased spawn rate is kinda smart. At least for the newbie zones.
We're talking about Qhills though, but I guess that's kinda the newbie yard for SFG? For the newbie yards I agree, bump up the spawn rate temporarily to help handle all the low levels. For any other zone I say leave it the same and let people figure it out.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are conditions attached to the spawn reduction system that rule out most of the quests you linked. For the rest there will be so many people that it will be difficult to actually find those mobs anyways.
Were those intended to be live on green beta when you wrote this?

because as of 10/14 there are 2 putrid skeleton spawns, 1 rabid wolf spawn, and at least 1 gnoll hunter spawn (that one is 20min*.2 = 4 min), that spawn the same mob 100% of the time and result in either huge amount of exp or coin (or both). These don't seem to have anything special that prevents them from being exploited.

Granted, i don't think it is a big deal. there will be enough people contesting this stuff... and who really cares if someone gets to level 15 very quickly or has a clever way to get a couple hundred plat. Everyone has access to the same thing.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure increasing spawns in 'newbie' area does much. it simply kicks the bottleneck down the road a zone or two, where it has been removed. Players will still stay mostly constrained to nearby geography/zones as you almost always have to cross many many zones. many of which quite dangerous for your level, and sometimes boats too to get some 'new area'.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

I'm curious what the distinction of "newbie area" is going to be as well, and how that's going to affect leveling ranges for different areas. Steamfont or Butcherblock can pretty easily take somebody to around level 15 compared to Freeport newbie yards taking somebody to level 4, for example. So is that expanded to cover the Commons too? Ro?

I mean, if we say "newbie area" is anywhere that people go to xp to before level 20 and then we think about just on Antonica...East and West Commons, Befallen, both Ro's, Oasis, Erud's Crossing, all of the Karanas, Innothule, Feerrott, Kithicor, Everfrost, Lavastorm, Misty, Nektulos, Najena, Runnyeye, Upper Guk, Permafrost, Blackburrow...how many zones AREN'T going to have this boost going?

Hell even Rathe Mountains has plenty of stuff to kill in the low teens. Is the first power leveling neckbearding no lifer group going to hit the 30's and have 80% reduced spawn time on Hill Giants?
Last edited by Tenlaar; 10-15-2019 at 06:21 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

I believe Rogean has addressed this problem multiple times now. West Karana confirmed not changed -- you can test Lesser Faydark and Rathe Mountains if you wish. I think Qeynos Hills is Surefall's newbie area so it counts. Rogean said there will be conditions to address abusable quests like rabid wolf pelts. Not sure what those are exactly as of yet. But it would be good to test other zones just 1 away from newbie areas to see. Lesser Faydark has a 6:40 spawn time, if you're in your early teens you should be able to test a bandit there.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Aviak

So if qhills is going to have increased spawn rate does that mean increased pyzjin and haddens? I agree newbie yards should be increased but maybe qhills doesn't need it.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This entire thread is such a stupid whine. Respawn rate of newbie zones could possibly lead to someone farming 100pp in a few hours, if they farm 1 mob, and nobody else planned on it. (I farmed rabid wolf on Green Beta and there is either a place holder or respawn in 6+ minutes).

Or, normal spawn rate and we all quit playing for a few days because 100 people are fighting over 2 fire beetles.
You sound pretty whiney yourself.

Did everyone quit after a few days when eq originally launched with 400 sec noob yards?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This entire thread is such a stupid whine. Respawn rate of newbie zones could possibly lead to someone farming 100pp in a few hours, if they farm 1 mob, and nobody else planned on it. (I farmed rabid wolf on Green Beta and there is either a place holder or respawn in 6+ minutes).

Or, normal spawn rate and we all quit playing for a few days because 100 people are fighting over 2 fire beetles.
100pp in a few hrs getting 1gold every 5 mobs?

yikesin at you
Old 10-16-2019, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

were you guys on for the 10 yr anni GM event? there's going to be a ton of people stuck in the entry level zones, without a spawn increase it would be insane to try and get 1-10, you may have level 1's looking for a group with competition so fierce!
Closed Thread