Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be at the sisters in Lesser Faydark untill you are level 18-19. ... Once the camp is broken.. youll want to start the fight with your level 12 snare... Fear... Then send pet.
Yes great camp, I did level on it (and made platina) with my Druid and Mage. Too bad is sooo hard to find it free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This area won't have wandering mobs that will aggro onto you making your kiting harder so it might be easier for you to learn how to kite effectively here.
I though that too, my Druid and Mage were safe there. But my Necro got killed several times by some small dude Thistle something (or is it some other name, can't recall now) he is very short, but quick and usually I don't see him until he hits me and second later I'm gone. This (and always camped camp is the reason I'm looking for some other spots)

Quote:
Or you can always just go get a group in Oasis.
Ah, so Oasis is for groups, no wonder I have such a problems there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2020, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But # 4 I will try for sure.
Bread shipment was during the Karana plague event, which I believe was during Kunark close to Velious release so that's not an option. Also it got heavily nerfed after a ton of people started doing it.

You could do the rabid grizzly, it's not much exp for the kill but the turn-ins are still a lot of exp into the late teens. I've seen people poopsock that spawn till they have an inventory of pelts then gate to the quest NPC.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like you are playing the game far too lackadaisically. Your choices are going to come down to: finding a different game to play, starting to pay much closer attention, or just keep dying all the time. If you don't want to read guides, especially when you are struggling with a given class, it really doesn't bode well for your likelihood of improving your EQ skills.
With all due respect, that's lecturing, not help I asked for. probably my fault, my post was too long, I should at least start with TL;DR. And probably made it shorter.

Let me give you example, after Sisters bandit camp in LF I was struggling with my Druid, (at lvl 19 after I got new set of spells) I tried several things, several zones. Result was, or I managed to kill something with last drop of mana, or I had to run for life and few times I didn't manage to escape. Tried Craing Spiders, Elephants in SK... many different things. I was running out of ideas. And I didn't enjoy any more. I checked Wiki, it wasn't helpful. I felt I was struggling waaaay to much. And with few deaths my XP was at same level for several days. I wasn't making any progress and it was frustrating. I'm not good at figuring out where to go, what to do next.

Then someone told me, to go after those two Gnolls in Karana, close to Druid ring. And to use: (first time harmony for splitting the camp, then...)

Dizzying Wind
2 x Careless Lightning
Dizzying Wind

And boy it made the difference. I had mana left for one more spell, if I would need it, I didn't struggle any more, I stayed there several levels and what was before a huge struggle for me and I could not advance in leveling, now it was suddenly easy, fun and effective. And all it took was one short but detailed help. (where to go and what/how to do it)

That player is seasoned, knows where are best spots to go... And his tip/help made huge difference to me. And this was my intention for my OP. Is someone recall some easy solo spot for Necro at lvl16, since I feel the same now with this Necro as I was before with Druid at 19. I'm at this level for a long time, my mage and Druid all were at similar level, my Mage is now almost 30. But Necro is still at 15/16. Since I'm stuck, for so long, since I'm strugging so much, since I can't find that sweet spot for Necro, I though it my be a good time to ask for help from some seasoned player, who may recall good solo spot for that level and what spells to use for that particular mob.

You seems to think, I should not play the game the way I do (very causally, without proper deep study) but if I do, I should or keep dying or stop playing this game.

Well guess what, despite this game being very brutal to this clumsy player (I managed to kill my toon more than once by buffing the attacking mob and nuking myself), despite I probably have record in number of deaths, I still like the game, it is THE ONLY GAME I LIKE and the only game I'm wiling to put some of my free time into it.

But I'm not married to it, I don't enjoy to study parsing and doing math about damage, DoT, durations and similar things. Yes, I do it the easy, call it lazy way. If I struggle too much, I ask. Forgive me!

While you didn't help with your lecture, if it made you feel better, then I guess it was worth it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bread shipment was during the Karana plague event, which I believe was during Kunark close to Velious release so that's not an option. Also it got heavily nerfed after a ton of people started doing it.

You could do the rabid grizzly, it's not much exp for the kill but the turn-ins are still a lot of exp into the late teens. I've seen people poopsock that spawn till they have an inventory of pelts then gate to the quest NPC.
OK thanks, will give it a try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2020, 11:29 PM
Banned

The Lfay sisters camp is two single pulls and one double. A lvl 16 necro pet should pretty much be able to solo a single.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't want to read guides, especially when you are struggling with a given class, it really doesn't bode well for your likelihood of improving your EQ skills.
Probably I didn't properly express myself. English is not my mother language. I did read Saserrix (typing per memory, apology for butchering the name) guide. I didn't understand it. It is way above my game comprehension. I don't know how to explain it, it is too complicated for me. I'm simple guy, I need simple, short & to the point directions, especially when directions are in (for me) foreign language.

I have heard many times, necro is one of the simplest classes to play, you only need few spells. So i know i'm doing something wrong, over complicating... hence I came here to ask for some help, which spells to use on which mobs. Since you can't use the same set of spells for all mobsters, I thought I will get some specific help, go there, kill that mob, use these spells at your level.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:17 AM
Banned

prob should just keep playing your mage then
Old 07-12-2020, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Once you get 16 back, FD really early when something goes wrong, especially if you don't have jboots or a sow to rely on to get you out of trouble. I used to die a ton too, and the biggest thing that helped me stop dying was to not wait until I was in dire trouble to FD. Untwinked necros (ie, you and me, from the sound of it) die REALLY fast when actively getting hit. As soon as something goes wrong and you're not pretty sure you'll survive it, just FD and let everything reset.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Also, for spells I'd say try to avoid engaging caster mobs period until you're a lot more practiced. Open with snare, then fear and send in pet, then lifetap DOT, then poison DOT. Just repeat that sequence as necessary.

Hang in there! I was really underwhelmed by my necro until he hit 34....then he became awesome!
Old 07-12-2020, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Zone lines are safer to fight at and often free from pathers. Why not park your pet and go pull with clinging? Oasis/sro or oasis/nro are just a couple easy spots that come to mind.
Closed Thread