Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Ban All Boxxers
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ban All Boxxers
Speedo's for life. https://giphy.com/gifs/4j9XOYo6IVDK8/html5
Old 07-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quaint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol @ decaying skeleton white knighting
No kidding. On that note, lately I’ve started seeing a lot of these really old forum accounts popping up that have close to 0 post history. Did someone find a way to generate them or something?
Old 07-23-2020, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Couple of thoughts:

- If you see boxers and don’t report them you are part of the problem

- I wouldn’t always assume that people who log on to buff are boxing. On both Blue and Green I’ve seen people ask a guildy or friend in discord if they’d be willing to hop on. The person logs on the character, buffs quickly, and then goes back to what they were doing. Not all buff situations are someone using a boxed toon to do it.

- For anyone questioning whether the staff enforce boxing because you think you see it happening I would say a couple of things. One, sometimes what looks like boxing isn’t; I’ve petitioned multiple people over the years who I was very sure were boxing only to have a staff member test them and have them be fine. Two, just because you see people boxing doesn’t mean the staff aren’t trying to enforce it; they’re volunteers with limited time doing what they can so unless they’re online to see it happening at that time there’s no a lot they can do. When I was CSR back on live we’d occasionally be asked to try and crack down on boxing under zone disruption theories whenever it was getting out of hand; you have to catch it live...you can have all the data you want showing IPs and computer IDs and other trends, but you have to catch them at it live which means there will always be some you miss.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've watched this guy for months, and I hope this is true. Of all the 2-boxers I've met, he's the most brazen one and it makes me genuinely question whether or not GMs actively play on Green (I wouldn't blame them if they don't, I've been a Guide before and it doesn't leave a lot of room for actually enjoying the game). I hope they do a thorough investigation to see where the money went because the general consensus is that he RMTs. I know when I would complain to people in Lower Guk who were around him they would get really hostile, and it's hard to imagine they weren't either doing something similar or involved in it in some way.
So in one post you say you never report boxers and then in this comment you say you really hope someone got banned for it and question whether the GMs pay attention to the server...pretty contradictory two posts there
Old 07-23-2020, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couple of thoughts:

- If you see boxers and don’t report them you are part of the problem

- I wouldn’t always assume that people who log on to buff are boxing. On both Blue and Green I’ve seen people ask a guildy or friend in discord if they’d be willing to hop on. The person logs on the character, buffs quickly, and then goes back to what they were doing. Not all buff situations are someone using a boxed toon to do it.

- For anyone questioning whether the staff enforce boxing because you think you see it happening I would say a couple of things. One, sometimes what looks like boxing isn’t; I’ve petitioned multiple people over the years who I was very sure were boxing only to have a staff member test them and have them be fine. Two, just because you see people boxing doesn’t mean the staff aren’t trying to enforce it; they’re volunteers with limited time doing what they can so unless they’re online to see it happening at that time there’s no a lot they can do. When I was CSR back on live we’d occasionally be asked to try and crack down on boxing under zone disruption theories whenever it was getting out of hand; you have to catch it live...you can have all the data you want showing IPs and computer IDs and other trends, but you have to catch them at it live which means there will always be some you miss.
Quoted for truth. I guess all we can do is report boxing anytime we are reasonably sure it's happening.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in one post you say you never report boxers and then in this comment you say you really hope someone got banned for it and question whether the GMs pay attention to the server...pretty contradictory two posts there
How is it contradictory? I'm not a snitch, dawg. There are co-workers who I absolutely hate and can't stand, but I would still never rat them out for hot-railing meth during lunch break. I hope they get caught, and I'm not going to cover for them, but I'm also not going to go blab on them.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it contradictory? I'm not a snitch, dawg. There are co-workers who I absolutely hate and can't stand, but I would still never rat them out for hot-railing meth during lunch break. I hope they get caught, and I'm not going to cover for them, but I'm also not going to go blab on them.
Well maybe if people like you reported it you wouldn’t need to “genuinely question” the GMs and whether they are committed to the server. You’re essentially saying “because I see people boxing I don’t think the GMs do their job, but oh btw I’m not going to point out those people to the GMs so that the GMs can do said job.” It’s simply nonsensical.

Also just another example of the general attitude you have and why at least one of your characters has a bad reputation on Green.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

People break rules?...shocked pikachu face.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well maybe if people like you reported it you wouldn’t need to “genuinely question” the GMs and whether they are committed to the server. You’re essentially saying “because I see people boxing I don’t think the GMs do their job, but oh btw I’m not going to point out those people to the GMs so that the GMs can do said job.” It’s simply nonsensical.

Also just another example of the general attitude you have and why at least one of your characters has a bad reputation on Green.
Thanks for reminding me that scriptblock exists. Peace.
Closed Thread