Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest your post is pretty convoluted and not really clear on the point you're trying to make, especially considering the title. Are you saying rules didn't exist? Are you saying people could monopolize content? Or are you saying they couldn't?

If you're saying rules didn't exist, you're certainly incorrect. I was CSR and involved in creating some of the rules that existed.
I played EverQuest for years. I can't tell you how many times I was camping Sarnak Fort, or Captain Room in KC only to have another group simply plop down in front of mine and start taking our pulls, in some cases bluntly stating that if we don't have the DPS to keep up with them, then that's not their problem. I can't tell you how many times I had been camping something for hours, only to have a higher level player show up, refuse to communicate with me, and proceed to steal the mob I was camping as soon as it popped.

I myself was a Guide for years on the Prexus server. I very seldom would even waste my time responding to someone who filled out a petition complaining about someone stealing pulls or kills, and there are thousands of threads that still exist from 20 years ago that confirm this.

I think the only time I ever took action against another player for stealing pulls was in OverThere. I can actually remember that someone had been stealing my pulls at the same time on Tunare, so when I saw someone else doing it on Prexus, I was seeking retribution and I got it. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered going there to see what was happening.

Lastly, I can remember getting my T-staff literally ninja'd not only after the group leader originally said the group was NBG, but even after I won the random when he recanted. The GMs simply told me that even though he said NBG and I won the /random, that there wasn't enough evidence for them to do anything about it and that I needed to be more careful about who I choose to group with in the future.

Verant and SOE were very hands off, and still are - even to this day.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time for a break?
Yeah, I guess 20 years of not playing obviously wasn't enough of a break.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

I keep waiting for people to grief me in my solo Minecraft world but it has yet to happen!
Old 07-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

I will say this. Community was #1 on EQ. If you were a ninja/asshole/Ks'r pretty much a shit bag on server. The server quickly learned about you and you never got into groups, or raids with said character. And if you were super nice person, tons knew your name and of your good deeds.

P99, is not about that sadly. Seems more focused on skimming by loose rules. Or rules posted 8 years ago on blue.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say this. Community was #1 on EQ. If you were a ninja/asshole/Ks'r pretty much a shit bag on server. The server quickly learned about you and you never got into groups, or raids with said character. And if you were super nice person, tons knew your name and of your good deeds.

P99, is not about that sadly. Seems more focused on skimming by loose rules. Or rules posted 8 years ago on blue.
The problem with P99 is the majority of players (at least on Green) are total shitbags that have no shame

They will steamroll you over camps and act like total psychopathic dickheads. Especially in high zem zones. Zones with big zems are like a magnet for the worst kind of player on the server.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

This has been covered in a great many other threads. No one gives a shit. If you don't like it, find another way to spend the most precious resources you have: your time.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been covered in a great many other threads. No one gives a shit. If you don't like it, find another way to spend the most precious resources you have: your time.
This thread is in direct response to dozens of people saying /lists aren’t classic due to a change that was implemented in the game less than 24 hours ago.

Let me guess, you’re completely oblivious to this and likely don’t even play on Green?
Old 07-29-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

I'm on Green right now. Nuggiemag. Read the sig.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-29-2020, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Nuggies a super good dude on green ran a great guild as well until things happened. I for one respect the guy and wish he'd come raid.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0tClassic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with P99 is the majority of players (at least on Green) are total shitbags that have no shame

They will steamroll you over camps and act like total psychopathic dickheads. Especially in high zem zones. Zones with big zems are like a magnet for the worst kind of player on the server.
Really? You have personal experience with the "majority of players" on green such that you can make such a definitive statement? I think it's more likely you've had a handful of negative experiences and they stick out in your mind more because that's basic psychology. You don't remember all the times people are just normal and not insane.
Closed Thread