Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-20-2022, 01:06 PM
Large Rat

Default Any way to find old account?

So I remember signing up and playing p99 within the first year it went live and then completely forgot about it. I recently found the old laptop with it on. Is there any way to find out what my account name was with log in info? I've searched my email for any previous messages from p99 and nothing comes up. I searched the members list for an possible names I might have used to create my account but came up empty. So I'm wondering if there are any clues in the files on the comp. Thanks for any assistance.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:12 PM
Aviak

The best way to go about this is probably to go to the eqemulator site, which is where we use to have to create our accounts prior to playing here. See if you can trigger a password reset by guessing your login name / email combo?
Old 10-25-2022, 10:23 AM
Large Rat

Incredible! that worked. I was able to track down my old user name and reset my account. In all honestly I don't even remember that forum. What else would I need to do to be able to log into P99 now with this old account?
Old 10-25-2022, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutell_Woodson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incredible! that worked. I was able to track down my old user name and reset my account. In all honestly I don't even remember that forum. What else would I need to do to be able to log into P99 now with this old account?
Nice. Class and level of what you recovered? Are you going to pick it back up from there?
Old 10-25-2022, 07:22 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice. Class and level of what you recovered? Are you going to pick it back up from there?
Looks like my last log in to EQemu was 8/11/13. I just tried that user namer and updated PW to log in and it didn't work. Does that need to be tied into this new site somehow?
Old 10-26-2022, 10:12 PM
Kobold

After you log into eqEmu, on the home screen on the left there is 'Loginserver Accounts'. You need to use the account setup in there, not the EQEmu forum account.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Same Issue trying to get old account

Hey. So I had a Bard lvl 52 I believe was named Mudd, or Dudd. This was like 6 years ago. I'd love to figure out how to get that account again. I tried doing the account reset and it says that it is sending something to my e-mail but I don't receive the e-mail. But it does remember and recognize my e-mail with my account. Please let me know if there is another way or anything else I can do.

Thanks

Figo