Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 01:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So why didn't Freedom not want to punish Furor's actions?
If your double negative is not intentional, he's the only one who gets yellow text. You don't bite the hand that feeds.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

"And a man who injures his countryman – as he has done, so it shall be done to him [namely,] fracture under/for fracture, eye under/for eye, tooth under/for tooth. Just as another person has received injury from him, so it will be given to him." (Lev. 24:19–21).
Old 12-29-2020, 01:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your double negative is not intentional
Those whole thread and the issues around it are double negative.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can see that sentiment, now, actually. Thanks for the alternate view.

So why didn't Freedom not want to punish Furor's actions?
because it's his fuckin guild dude lmao? because the GM's punished him? What are we going to do, mutiny the guild leader who makes everything happen and we also like playing with? Tell him to dock himself 500 dkp for being a penis? What?

Get ur head out of ur ass im sure you can come up with something better this thread is boring
Old 12-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we also like playing with?g
lol what is it you like playing with so much? His weird lisp on his incessant comms? His nonsense rags to riches story about how he went from working as a waiter to being a top performer at Salesjob Inc which then allowed him to become a real estate tycoon? Because you know, you gotta have some kind of a lie, otherwise who will respect you if they knew mom pays your rent while you sit around playing video games all day.

Or maybe its the complementary subscription to fox news you get when you are in his guild. Sit back and let him sing the praises of trump and tell you what it means to be a self made success and how poor people are poor because they deserve to be poor.

Let's be honest here. All of this is about the yellow text and free pixel ride. Dude is shady as fuck, with the boxing/training/lying getting captured on video and addressed by the GMs a lucky catch that is really only the tip of the iceberg of all his bullshit. Riot is bullshit for entertaining his sketchiness and using it in their desire to dethrone AM at any cost. Shit, even Detoxx called him a cheater on numerous occasions. And now Freedom is his own guild, so instead of having to answer to a few greedy guild leaders that never called him on his shit, he now only answers to the Freedom line members.

A lot of people are content to watch him and think "well I have no definitive proof he is lying or cheating, he never trained or did any sketchy shit to me personally, also I'm getting loot out of the situation, so everything is fine as far as I'm concerned." He needs you much more than you need him. Quit feeding the awful machine that is his ego. The server is objectively worse with him around.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol what is it you like playing with so much? His weird lisp on his incessant comms? His nonsense rags to riches story about how he went from working as a waiter to being a top performer at Salesjob Inc which then allowed him to become a real estate tycoon? Because you know, you gotta have some kind of a lie, otherwise who will respect you if they knew mom pays your rent while you sit around playing video games all day.

Or maybe its the complementary subscription to fox news you get when you are in his guild. Sit back and let him sing the praises of trump and tell you what it means to be a self made success and how poor people are poor because they deserve to be poor.

Let's be honest here. All of this is about the yellow text and free pixel ride. Dude is shady as fuck, with the boxing/training/lying getting captured on video and addressed by the GMs a lucky catch that is really only the tip of the iceberg of all his bullshit. Riot is bullshit for entertaining his sketchiness and using it in their desire to dethrone AM at any cost. Shit, even Detoxx called him a cheater on numerous occasions. And now Freedom is his own guild, so instead of having to answer to a few greedy guild leaders that never called him on his shit, he now only answers to the Freedom line members.

A lot of people are content to watch him and think "well I have no definitive proof he is lying or cheating, he never trained or did any sketchy shit to me personally, also I'm getting loot out of the situation, so everything is fine as far as I'm concerned." He needs you much more than you need him. Quit feeding the awful machine that is his ego. The server is objectively worse with him around.
Damn this be in the doxxing/personal real life attack territory bruhv

So, to answer your question as best as I can, I spend probably at least a 100+ hours playing Dota/Non raid EQ with him, I never heard the rags to riches story once. We haven't talked too much about politics either, although I probably lean right. But I guess.. would I disqualify someone as a person if they had different political views as me? Naw. Poor people are poor because they deserve to be poor? I guess that's one way to say poor people often get caught up in a cycle of living pay check to pay check, because of such things like escapist vices, poor people pay twice, etc. But naw, never heard him talk shit about poor people. Or mention them at all. Detoxx called him a cheater because we all thought he was cheating. Come to find out, we were just bad. I've gone into detail about the cheating accusations because I actually looked into it. I sync'd up the runs to race them. Also figured out why it looked like he was moving much faster at certain spots. And also like I said before, I have been around when camp disputes have came up and he acted nothing if rational and calm about it.

idk bro maybe he just fakes being cool around me ? don't worry, i'll be on the look out. if we're talking about poverty in america and he says some shit like "Poor people are poor because they are dumb and smell bad" i'll let you know.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn this be in the doxxing/personal real life attack territory bruhv

So, to answer your question as best as I can, I spend probably at least a 100+ hours playing Dota/Non raid EQ with him, I never heard the rags to riches story once. We haven't talked too much about politics either, although I probably lean right. But I guess.. would I disqualify someone as a person if they had different political views as me? Naw. Poor people are poor because they deserve to be poor? I guess that's one way to say poor people often get caught up in a cycle of living pay check to pay check, because of such things like escapist vices, poor people pay twice, etc. But naw, never heard him talk shit about poor people. Or mention them at all. Detoxx called him a cheater because we all thought he was cheating. Come to find out, we were just bad. I've gone into detail about the cheating accusations because I actually looked into it. I sync'd up the runs to race them. Also figured out why it looked like he was moving much faster at certain spots. And also like I said before, I have been around when camp disputes have came up and he acted nothing if rational and calm about it.

idk bro maybe he just fakes being cool around me ? don't worry, i'll be on the look out. if we're talking about poverty in america and he says some shit like "Poor people are poor because they are dumb and smell bad" i'll let you know.
Naturally friendly people get along together... unfortunately so do shitty people.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Kobold

I won't say from where since I don't want it to be considered a doxx, but that 'weird lisp' is a really common accent from a particular part of the US. I would have never called it a lisp. I did recognize what state / area he's from immediately though because he sounds exactly like a couple of my RL friends from there.

I will say when I raided with Furoar back in the day he was a cool dude. Always trying to improve and help us improve. I spoke with him in tells a bunch of times, even after he left the guild. He was always friendly and polite to me. Doesn't excuse his bad behavior that I heard about recently but these character assassinations seem inaccurate IMO.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't say from where since I don't want it to be considered a doxx, but that 'weird lisp' is a really common accent from a particular part of the US. I would have never called it a lisp. I did recognize what state / area he's from immediately though because he sounds exactly like a couple of my RL friends from there.

I will say when I raided with Furoar back in the day he was a cool dude. Always trying to improve and help us improve. I spoke with him in tells a bunch of times, even after he left the guild. He was always friendly and polite to me. Doesn't excuse his bad behavior that I heard about recently but these character assassinations seem inaccurate IMO.
To be fair Bellringer was a great guy once too.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair Bellringer was a great guy once too.
True, people can change over time and I've been out of touch with basically everyone for a solid year and a half, so I can't speak to recent events.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Closed Thread