Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Default Fist of Nature...Again

I was catching up on old Velious Beta related posts. I thought that discussion around FoN being post-Luclin was decent here - http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...=125800&page=7

I did come upon a piece of evidence that may hint at the FON existing. It's sorta loose, but there's alot from this era that is.

This news update by Legacy of Sorrow - http://www.legacyofsorrow.net/news_november2001.php#top

Relevant Updates-
11-28-01
"Yea i know some people will say that the Wurmscale Fistwraps off Cekenar aren't bad.. 14/18 1hb monk with some good HP but when your monks have Primal Fistwraps along with Tunare Weapons, they aren't going to use Wurmscale Fistwraps over them, so they rot and thus are considered gay loot."

11-17-01
Was their 1st Tunare kill. Sap Encrusted Branch dropped (x1).

Hints at FoN in their Updates-

Evidence #1 -
There was a possible 2nd kill. They discuss "monks" (as in plural), yet the update only shows 1 Sap from their 1st kill. Also they start discussing their good week including a Tunare kill, but the Tunare kill was 11 days before that update.

So, they may have had a 2nd Tunare kill after the 11/17 kill. At that time, a FoN may have dropped. They specifically mention "Tunare weapons" - not a Sap Branch, not a Monk Snare Stick, but weapons, as in plural, ie referring to 2 different monk drops. This lends evidence to a 2nd kill theory and to a possible FoN dropping.

Evidence #2 -
They complain about the Wurmscale Fistwraps rotting because their monks had better. Do a comparison:
Wurmscale Fistwraps are 14/18 with 75hp vs. Sap Encrusted Branch is 14/19 with 0hp (has resists tho).

There is no monk (nor their guild in an update) in their right mind that would argue that 14/19 and a non-dmg proc on the Sap Encrusted Branch is better than 14/18 with 75hp.

The more likely culprit is that they got a FoN. It's 15/18 with 100hp. It's obviously better than the Wurmscale Fistwraps.

Conclusion -
FoN is the only logical explanation for these comments. It may very well have been in as a 1hb pre-Luclin. It should be at least heavily considered as a 1hb on Tunare's loot table.
Last edited by wycca; 05-08-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Old 05-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Banned

She had the weapons on her drop table pre luclin, lanked this elsewhere but here it is again 4

Mother of All? She's dead Jim..
Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

No actual evidence anywhere of a fist of nature exists until Jan 2002 (as far as I can tell). I really doubt it was on her table and just not publicized. Your arguments are extremely presumptive overall.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Afraid the evidence is overwhelmingly against this item existing in Velious.

1) No posts about the item until 2002. May 23rd, 2002 was the Allakhazam addition. While Allakhazam is not 100% current, 6 months is a huge amount of time.
2) Primal FISTs put in the game in Nov2001 were 1HB, not HtH. The first pictures of Fist of Nature was as a HtH weapon.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

Yes I'm being very presumptive, for the record.

However I'm not sure they just added 1 more weapon to her table unless there's that one post about "we added a bunch of fist weapons to the game" coming into play here. I don't know exactly when that patch was but I'm willing to bet fist of nature was in there with all of her other loot just like the G-rock on Vulak. Tunare wasn't killed too many times pre-Luclin.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

searched "fist of nature" tunare on google with end date being 5/1/2002, this is the earliest reference I can find of it.

January 27, 2002: Adairen D`Cursio

Quick update again

Back to back, Tunare and Creator down. Soon enough we'll see High Priest v.2.0 dead. Creator dropped some lame shit. A 2hb that I didn't get a SS of because Sparky ninja'd it too fast and a +5 to Blacksmithing Hammer. GG on the useless shit. Tunare was pretty cool in giving us a few different loots this time. Hopefully a damn earring will drop so I can 42own it with my ghetto DKP. Pollux on Essence of Nature, Dolanyu on Fist of Nature, Girdle of Living Thorns to Garrm, and Sap Encrusted Branch went to Nido.

Was a fun weekend and tomorrow is another AoW attempt and I'm tellin you, that fight is so fun it makes my toes curl up.
/chuckle
Old 05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

RE: mob Reply... By: Figgin,
4 posts
Posted @ Fri, May 24th 9:46 AM 2002 Score: Good[3.50]
Drops off Tunare, god of the plane of growth. I have had this weapon for 4 months now and i can tell you that casters absolutely hate monks with this weapon in duals. This thing procs all day long and other than a few high level mobs immune to the snare/root line of spells the weapon is great stats and damage delay. Two thumbs up verant, great weapon to add to the game!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Banned

Can we also be thinking about when it is said it was added? Or even alluded to being added? That's why I brought up the "fist items added" patch I seem to remember. I'd be happy to think it was added then.

I don't have a monk or tight pixel pals who are monks here, just that I never remember that individual item being added to her loot table at any point.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7512

Probably changed when Luclin went live. This was the IVs original drop, only dropped for a couple of weeks max and the SS is HtH.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't mean to imply May of 2002, the consensus on the last thread was that it probably was added with the revamp of her loot and AoW loot.