Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

2 directorys 2 hard. also velious is a boring expansion.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

I've been trying to get it to work but after:

1. copying over all the files into a new folder.
2. downloading the files from the link and extracting them into that new folder.
3. opening the new folder and running the exe.

It says my spells are outdated...

Worked for me before so not sure why it won't now.

EH Dit: NM, launcher had to be changed to point to the new folder... doh
Last edited by Ikonoclastia; 06-19-2014 at 07:09 PM..
Old 06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Project Manager

With the latest patch, the files should now be the same between pve/pvp and beta.

Issues people had should be resolved.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I would play there, but I've only got one toon at all on the live server, and she's only 14 right now.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorSB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would play there, but I've only got one toon at all on the live server, and she's only 14 right now.
We have a system in place to gear and skill up characters. Details below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Previously Updated - Velious Beta Buff
Beta Buff is now available on the Velious Beta Server.

This will copy a level 60 character template over your existing character. Your character's level, race, deity, skills, spell gems, spell book, and other necessary information will be overwritten. All items in your inventory (Worn and in immediate inventory) will be deleted and replaced. Items in your bank will not be deleted, so place items there that you would like to keep. Coin in inventory or bank will also not be changed. Faction values that you have gained or loss will not be changed, however your actual factions may be different due to the change in race and deity from their base values.

To use the beta buff, you will need to copy over an existing character from live or red as usual (/beta command). Once on Beta, see the Velious Beta Banker NPC in North Ro, and ask him to [beta buff me].
Old 06-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks, nilbog. Hoped over and did that, was a little disappointed. Not sure how to go about testing something faction/race/deity specific (or even if the zones and mobs for this quest are in the beta yet). Do we just keep putting a toon over and do the beta buff until we get the right race/deity?

(Was going to try and check out the quest for Nature's Defender, Tunare/Paladin weapon)
Old 06-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorSB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, nilbog. Hoped over and did that, was a little disappointed. Not sure how to go about testing something faction/race/deity specific (or even if the zones and mobs for this quest are in the beta yet). Do we just keep putting a toon over and do the beta buff until we get the right race/deity?

(Was going to try and check out the quest for Nature's Defender, Tunare/Paladin weapon)
you get the same race/diery no matter how many times you do it. The /beta buff is just a copy of a 1 toon for each class that had best gear. If you dont already have a tunare/paladin to try ND quest then you cant beta buff to do it.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the latest patch, the files should now be the same between pve/pvp and beta.

Issues people had should be resolved.
So we dont have to have a seperate folder for beta server now? Will it continue to be same files or might we go back to needing seperate folders again at some point. I'm just a sticklier for free space on HD hehe.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Developer

It's not a guarantee they'll stay separate. There's a similar system for skillcaps that needs to be added so they can be modified with timeline as well.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 directorys 2 hard. also velious is a boring expansion.

I agree velious is boring alone. There's no real good exp grinding or newb quests or anything. velious is a hardcore high end raid/guild expansion that should be insanely fun the funnest p99 will ever see for guilds... for loners who hop on hoping to test though? a bit lame.

maybe the devs could enable multi-boxing on velious beta? that'd make it possible for people to do more with the low server pop? or is it already enabled? or is there no way to enable it just for velious beta?
Closed Thread