Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default For Jeremy

proof. just fyi... if you're going to make your own rules, at least make them reasonable. kkthxbai
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4 specs.jpg (95.3 KB, 400 views)
Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Way to be a total turkey. Because I know plenty of you will read this, let me give you some background. Earlier I was camping Oasis spectres on my chanter alt. My method is pretty simple and understandable: I charm one, haste him, kill the other 4, put my charm back in his original spot and gate out quick to SRO and come back and wait for new pops. Earlier I was sitting here meddin a minute and before even any of the ones I killed popped, Dotmatrix (Zobex) grabbed the one I charm and pulled it. So I was like "Ok, maybe he didn't see me." Nope. He just didn't care. He grabbed my next pop too before I had a chance to charm it. So I asked him what the deal was, whether or not he could see these specs were camped. He claimed that all the mobs had popped and no one was there. Bullshit. I told him this and he still denied it but decided to leave upon threat of me grabbing my main and killstealing him. So I've been there all day, right, and I ran out of badly needed SoW potions and decided to get a necro to hold my camp for me while I went to go craft a few more. I guess this necro ran into a little trouble and had to evac quick and they repopped. This does not mean you can take the camp. When I'm on my chanter and killing I'll wait until 3-4 pop before I start killing again just because I can do it so quickly. Just because all the mobs are up, that doesn't mean you can take the camp. If all the mobs are up for an extended period of time, I say it's fair game. But if someone is sitting there dealing with it in their own way, you can't come in and nab it. Dotmatrix admitted to me upon this incident that he was wrong earlier, and well, I can't really blame him for his actions now; people just need to not jump the gun and instead ask people what they're camping. Some people are great at respecting camps and I think this is stellar behavior. Some people have been "subprime" and I've logged my main to KS them until they learned their lesson. Let's keep it civil, ok people? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by quido; 12-26-2009 at 12:49 AM..
Old 12-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

What the fuck is this thread about?

Inside joke?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

This thread is an attempt from Dotmatrix at justifying camp stealing.

Speaky English?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've been there all day, right, and I ran out of badly needed SoW potions and decided to get a necro to hold my camp for me while I went to go craft a few more. I guess this necro ran into a little trouble and had to evac quick and they repopped. This does not mean you can take the camp.
<3 you, but this part is incorrect and a bit shady imo. Food/Water/Pots etc are reasons to leave and let the next person in line have his go, but if someone was holding the camp and they had to evac then the camp was open. Respect your fellow players bro, revenge KSing isn't how we do things either

I agree with the initial problem though, enchanters often let all mobs respawn before they kill them so they are not sitting around with a pet waiting for pops. If someone is there and active then they hold the camp, same with druids/wizards quad kiting.
Last edited by Allizia; 12-26-2009 at 05:10 AM..
Old 12-26-2009, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is an attempt from Dotmatrix at justifying camp stealing.

Speaky English?
I don't understand correlation between the topic of the thread,"This is for Jeremy", who is level 50, a picture of a shaman with specs up, and the long run-on paragraph with no seperation between points posted by you.

But if I'm forced to come to a conclusion, my best synopsis would be that you are Jeremy -- since you so vigilantly replied to "Zobex".

Furthermore - if my accusations are correct.......

Quote:
Speaky English?
Way to make this personal, asshole. I'm surprised you haven't bailed on Transcendence to join IB, you'd fit right in with the handfuls of jerks in that guild. Not all of them are shits that refuse to flush, but a good handful of them are.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

Also, I would like to refer to Tantalar's in-game statement toward me at one point in time. Tantalar please forgive me if my wording isn't directly in line with what you said, I'm merely trying to convey a common point:

This guy is an asshole. His guild must obviously condone his behavior by allowing this, suggesting what the guild may be lowering it's standards to.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

Here we go, a minor situation with someone that is really new to EQ is going to blow up into a giant drama rage fest that has nothing to do with the initial subject ~ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

LET'S GET OUT OF CONTROL!!!1

I'm all for fairplay on EQ. If there is an established line for a camp, as the guys from <Invalid Guild> will tell you, I honor it. What I don't honor is people who show up randomly and without warning and try to elbow their way into a camp by being pushy. Dotmatrix wasn't waiting for the camp later just like he wasn't earlier. I handed the camp off just for a few minutes and he showed up randomly. I was already on my way back and almost there when he just started attacking. I agree that this situation is sort of a grey area, but I wasn't about to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who tried the same thing earlier and then lied to me about it and accused me of crying. As far as revenge KSing, it's not so much revenge as it is hoping the person will think twice next time. It is sad that the prospect of being KSed by a higher level is the only thing stopping some people from engaging in camp-anarchy. I don't want to get into it really, but one time some guys showed up at my camp and even after I politely told them several times that I had the whole site on lockdown they were rude and refused to find their own site. I logged my main and KSed them three times and they got the picture, I think. It was for the good of everybody! I bet they think twice the next time they're considering trying to camp steal. This game would be a bit more miserable if it wasn't for the standard code of conduct and etiquette that pretty much all of us adhere to. I know I'm not just going to turn the blind eye when someone crosses the line and thinks it's ok.

And Goobles, lol man, I wasn't trying to make it a personal thing. I really didn't mean anything by it, just joking around. Sorry if I offended you.
Last edited by quido; 12-26-2009 at 05:15 AM..
Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Aviak

jeremy has a nice d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . noone KS'S jeremy you two timing knuckle head. i am not believe anything before you say this happened. jeremy is like superman in norrath and you are his cryptonite i dont like this. do not kill the lex luthers while jeremy is killing the lex. ok thanks for understanding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread