Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 09:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who'd have thought people had time off work over Christmas and would want to use it to level their characters.
That's not my argument. I'm just saying it's awful that everyone has to be leveled into one 5 by 5 space for an entire leveling bracket just because of the ZEM.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 12-31-2019, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not my argument. I'm just saying it's awful that everyone has to be leveled into one 5 by 5 space for an entire leveling bracket just because of the ZEM.
They do not "have" to be anywhere, they are self-selecting for this one option, and if they were anywhere else, they would definitely get more exp than they get for sitting around for 11 hours waiting for a group. That's embarrassing stupid.

Before anyone considers fixing this, if you do that, all these exp-driven, argumentative, and very stupid people will be forced out and then everyone else has to deal with them. This is the perfect honeypot, they can't resist it, and are willingly locking themselves away in HHK where all they can do is harm to each other. Pretty sure that's like a win-win-win-win-win for everyone else.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one "has to" be. There are plenty of other options if you're looking to level, including some with high ZEMs. Unrest, Mistmoore, Guk, Lake rathe, South Karana, Mammoths in Everfrost, Ocean of Tears (multiple different spots), CT or Runnyeye (if you're adventurous).

HK goblins aren't "overrated" and it's not just the ZEM that draws people there. Sure, it's very good EXP due to the ZEM, but the setup also allows you to chain pull almost more mobs than you can find in any other group and the Goblin ears help supplement it a bit. The cash is really good. Melees can bind in zone, allowing for easy CRs for them, but it's also extremely safe since there are guards right upstairs, so wipes happen very infrequently. Bankers and vendors (including the Erudite Enchanter vendor who will sell to anyone) in zone. Plus high levels in zone if you want to try and snag some bigger buffs.

Sure, you could argue that people would get more XP in their play session by going somewhere else instead of waiting, but there's more factors than just that which go into why someone might stay in HK for the Goblin group (personally, I also just really enjoy that camp as a whole...there's decent risk of adds which makes things fun, the Raiders can always be tough with a non-twink group, etc.). So it's not "overrated" it's just crowded...and you seem salty because you want to go to one of the best camps for that level range and don't like that you have to wait.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Get there early am like before 7am central. Preferably 5-6. I did it almost every day last week I was off and we had to go easy at first because we didn’t have a full group.

Also the money is crazy good. The weapons and bars sell for like 5p and ears easily 10p each. I had like 30 ears I auctioned the other day and as soon as I hit enter to post it I had like 5 offers before I could take a drink.

Also unlike Bristlebane server back in 99-2001, the basement is all one camp now where back on that server it was 3. So everything kicks ass about that if u can get in! Not to mention the bank and binding right there too.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Kobold

I dare you to go to HHK and try to split gobo camp. RnF needs more fuel.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

4 camps was how it was on my server. Very much not how it's historically been on P99. But, new regime, new rules. Follow them or gtfo.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 01-01-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Its always been multiple camps on P99 and the GM's seem to decide in favor of the multiple camp concept anytime it comes up. And it DOES happen, just not very often because players respect the one camp concept more. But I've personally been there plenty of times in the typical level range and had higher level solo or duo's come in and claim the raider room.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dare you to go to HHK and try to split gobo camp. RnF needs more fuel.
Someone call swish
Closed Thread