Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Banned

Default Can’t forgive my wife, missed green launch.

I’ve been trying to come to terms with my feelings but I cannot forgive my wife for making me miss the launch of green entirely and then pretty much guilting me into not playin gun EQ anymore. Instead of sinking time into EQ I’m just doing equally unproductive cellphone stuff but it’s somehow less of a burden to her.

I’ve been playing on blue for years and always thinking of how much a new server would be incredible and honestly I’m beside myself and considering divorce after she pulled a power play and ruined it for me. I do not think I’m ever going to get another shot on p99 to enjoy a new server.

For time management, I literally go to work, help do all chores, spend time with the family and my wife then it was too selfish to expect 2-3 hours to just do what I felt like. Probably the worst part is my wife considers herself a heavy RPG fan but any game I have shown her she quickly loses interest unless it’s a shitty Diablo clone. More recently she ha a made the comparison of her lonely childhood to how her parents worked overtime to pay for computers instead of spending time with her. Keep in mind they are retarded boomers who think more $$$ means better pc. I built them as a hobby with used parts so always have nearly top of the line for pennies.

I also own two HTC vives but she got dizzy once and filled the VR space with random stacks of shit.

I feel so betrayed as I really expected to be playing video games together instead of watching you tube videos about farming and shit.

Considering going truly crazy and hopefully disability is enough for a one bedroom.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Kobold

I sincerely hope this is a joke. If not, the answer is: no, don't divorce your wife over video games.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Banned

Gotta put your foot down and take some time for yourself - you're already quite resentful and it's only going to get worse.

Don't need to be a poopsocking neckbeard, but you should have some 'me' time
Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sincerely hope this is a joke. If not, the answer is: no, don't divorce your wife over video games.
Especially don’t divorce your wife over an emulated server of a 20 year old game when it will just get merged into Blue and you’ll have to start all over from scratch anyway. Things in EQ might feel like an accomplishment, but then when you look back are you really proud of all the time it took to get to 60 and get BIS everything for example? I would hope not
Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

The fact that it's EQ is mostly irrelevant. If what you say is true and you can't do you stuff for 2 hours a day, she's being a cunt.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Banned

sounds like it's time to find a new wife that supports you and encourages your hobbies, speaking from experience it's a wonderful thing
Old 09-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

OP, it sounds like this isn't about EverQuest...it's about your relationship. You said she "pretty much guilting me into not [playing] EQ anymore" and it sounds like you also feel overworked. So you've got (1) missed Green launch and don't have time for EQ and (2) relationship is not meeting expectations.

When you have two different issues or conflicts going on at the same time and they become entangled, it becomes really hard to deal with them. It's easier to deal with one issue at a time. I think it will help if you separate your current concern into its component parts.

If you magically had an extra 2-3 hours every day to play EQ, would that solve the issue entirely? If so, maybe you can make that happen, and good luck. But if not, then you have a deeper issue with your relationship and this is not entirely about EQ.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

It sounds like you have a list of expectations for your relationship. Are those expectations based on agreements you made with your wife, or on assumptions you made? Can you talk openly about this with her? Maybe if you tell her what you actually want, the two of you can compromise.

As for Green launch, there will be more servers later.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Banned

sounds like a real bitch
Old 09-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Banned

serve her papers while doing the degeneration x suck it gesture over and over
Closed Thread