Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are in a guild that will kill dragons you won’t have to hard a time getting torpor.

VP trash a good place to get it.

The best camp is prot and tola every 2 hours and 45 minutes. You make bank no matter what drops and can you easily buy a copy. Bonus cause you can get a botbde off reets while doing this camp.
Again, the problem isn't "can people get money/trades for Torpor?". The problem is Torpor is one of the rarest (if not the rarest) spell drops in Kunark, and not a lot of camps drop it. Chances are it will be a while before extra copies hit the market. Friends, guilds, etc., will keep the extra copies they find and give/sell them to people they want to have Torpor first. Only when all of that settles down will you see it in East Commonlands with any regularity.

EDIT: Also, due to the low amount of camps that drop the spell, it will be harder to get into one of those groups/camps. Those camps will probably be heavily saturated with players for a while.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

I sold the first 2-3 copies to hit the market on blue. Mostly cause myself and trystch locked down prot and tola for a while after we hit 60. I always sold to highest price. Sitting on copies or giving them away was never gonna happen in our farm crew.

You don’t need a lot of people to hold down that camp. We did it with cleric and a necro. We each made a few mill plat cause all the drops are in high demand early in kunark.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sold the first 2-3 copies to hit the market on blue. Mostly cause myself and trystch locked down prot and tola for a while after we hit 60. I always sold to highest price. Sitting on copies or giving them away was never gonna happen in our farm crew.

You don’t need a lot of people to hold down that camp. We did it with cleric and a necro. We each made a few mill plat cause all the drops are in high demand early in kunark.
Sure. So you are gonna sell high, which takes most people out of the market. That camp is being farm crewed by you, so other people can't farm it. And a lot of other people will not be doing what you are doing[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The fact that the camp doesn't need to be held down by a lot of people means more hording will go on, as less people who need it are getting into that camp.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:55 AM
Kobold

I don't think anyone is arguing that neckbeards with 40+ hour a week playtimes won't get Torpor, I think the argument is that anyone thats a casual raider or below that plays <20 hours a week has a slim chance of geting it in the servers lifetime.

Also, green is so much more competitive that Blue ever was, especially at this timeframe. I don't recall ever hearing about people 24/7 camping Summon Corpse to block other guilds from doing PoSky, I don't think comparing to the same period of time on Blue is necessarily a valid comparison.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone is arguing that neckbeards with 40+ hour a week playtimes won't get Torpor, I think the argument is that anyone thats a casual raider or below that plays <20 hours a week has a slim chance of geting it in the servers lifetime.

Also, green is so much more competitive that Blue ever was, especially at this timeframe. I don't recall ever hearing about people 24/7 camping Summon Corpse to block other guilds from doing PoSky, I don't think comparing to the same period of time on Blue is necessarily a valid comparison.
If you are casual player, just save up the plat for torpor. If you want it, buy it when it goes on sale.

Folks on blue did not need to camp that spell to block sky, because necros who were not lazy, already had that spell. Guilds on blue blocked advancement in sky by killing mobs in sky to prevent their advancement. A top guild on the server quit after being denied sky pixels.

Green is definitely more crowded, blue never had carebear /lists or tranix rotations.
Closed Thread