Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spend 2000p on ls/gls and do NK gypsy turn in. With the money you get from quest, buy more ls/gls.

Whatever level that gets you, then send your naked ass out there and go play.

That head start will be worth more than any twinked gear that you're just going to replace anyway because 2k gear for shaman is crap.

Leave yourself 100 plat for a set of banded and some fine steel sticker.
I like this, except ... where are you buying mass lightstones? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It seems to me the time it would take to track down sellers would be greater than the time spent just earning levels.

In general I'd agree with everyone else: two wedding rings and a decent weapon. (Maybe a suit of banded if you can find it, but again I'd wonder at the time required to do that, and I don't think you'd notice huge differences vs. wearing tattered leather or whatever else you pick up as you level.) Save any leftover for spells.

And for all your future shopping needs (also there's some good ideas for starting weapons there) ... http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping%20a%20Shaman

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:22 PM
Kobold

I ended up buying a few stat pieces along with 55 hp rings and banded. Used what I had left over to buy the 9/33 spear from splitpaw and a charred guardian shield. Doing very well with the set so far!

Appreciate the tips everyone. Planning to quest most of whatever else I need in the future and save up for needed spells/items coming up in Kunark.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Banned

Save for torpor.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Save for torpor.
I think this will be an exercise in futility for a long time on green. Every shaman will want Torpor, and it is a fairly rare drop. It will take a while for extra copies to go for sale. Extra copies will certainly be banked by guilds, and sold between friends. When extra copies do finally go on sale, they will probably be 200k+ each, if we are going by blue's old market.

If you want Torpor on green, it would be wiser to farm it yourself, or preemptively acquire some items of high value to trade for it.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like this, except ... where are you buying mass lightstones? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It seems to me the time it would take to track down sellers would be greater than the time spent just earning levels.

In general I'd agree with everyone else: two wedding rings and a decent weapon. (Maybe a suit of banded if you can find it, but again I'd wonder at the time required to do that, and I don't think you'd notice huge differences vs. wearing tattered leather or whatever else you pick up as you level.) Save any leftover for spells.

And for all your future shopping needs (also there's some good ideas for starting weapons there) ... http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping%20a%20Shaman
I collect GLS on my main from various sellers before I start my alts. I agree if you're just starting out this is not optimal because these take a little while to accumulate. But if you're planning ahead and in no hurry they're a great boost, especially since you buy them for 15 and get 9 back so they're only like 6p in the end.

I usually level them to 12 using GLS and then up to 20-21 using gobbo ears and then I set them free. I would go higher with GLS because it's much much cheaper but the gobbo ears are a much easier turn in click-wise and stuff and I have the plat.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 06-19-2020 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: LS/GLS not just GLS. For the first few levels you're better off with LS.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I collect GLS on my main from various sellers before I start my alts. I agree if you're just starting out this is not optimal because these take a little while to accumulate. But if you're planning ahead and in no hurry they're a great boost, especially since you buy them for 15 and get 9 back so they're only like 6p in the end.

I usually level them to 12 using GLS and then up to 20-21 using gobbo ears and then I set them free. I would go higher with GLS because it's much much cheaper but the gobbo ears are a much easier turn in click-wise and stuff and I have the plat.
/nod That makes sense if you're the type to plan an alt in advance, hang out in zones where the stones drop, and pick them up in small batches. Personally I never have that patience: when I want to start an alt I spend a day or two in the tunnel and then I'm off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW, on that note I would strongly encourage you to try the Brazier of Elemental Summoning on your next alt. On Blue it's fairly cheap (probably around the same cost as an equivalent number of stones?)

It likely won't get you to 12, only 10 or 11, but with a single item (maybe two if you want to break up your "self-PLing" sessions) you can get all those levels by actually playing (and feeling like a god as you murder level 1 mobs with much higher pet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), instead of turning in endless stones over and over.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this will be an exercise in futility for a long time on green. Every shaman will want Torpor, and it is a fairly rare drop. It will take a while for extra copies to go for sale. Extra copies will certainly be banked by guilds, and sold between friends. When extra copies do finally go on sale, they will probably be 200k+ each, if we are going by blue's old market.

If you want Torpor on green, it would be wiser to farm it yourself, or preemptively acquire some items of high value to trade for it.
This is the biggest thing the big "betas over, go green" proponents don't get; your chances of getting Torp / getting warder loot etc. are almost non-existent unless you're incredibly lucky or the neckiest of neckbeards. The quantity available of ST/VP Keys and Torp drops will be greatly exceeded by the demand.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Banned

Level an ench to 60 and easily solo cliff golems with store bought spells until torp drops
Old 07-21-2020, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level an ench to 60 and easily solo cliff golems with store bought spells until torp drops
The problem isn't the ease of killing cliff golems. The problem is getting the camp lol.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem isn't the ease of killing cliff golems. The problem is getting the camp lol.
I guess this is true only two golems and probably will be camped by groups early on.
What all drops torpor in Kunark? Gwurms, seb prot camp, Seb Emp, 2 Cliff golems? Are there more than those 5 camps besides raid mobs?
Closed Thread