Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default 0x2bf45b4 referenced memory at 0x039df09c crash.

So I was trying to get back into p1999 after not playing for a few months and I keep seeing this error every time I try to login. I get to the server select, select the p1999 server, click "PLAY EVEREQUEST!", the loading screen comes up and 2 seconds later I get this error message:

"The instruction at 0x02bf45b4 referenced memory at 0x039df09c. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program."

I looked through the form and I saw a similar error message that relates to the eq ini file and the screen/window resolution. I first tried adjusting that and saw no change. Then I tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the game and have the same issue. I ran a virus/malware scan and a registry repair program and still saw the message. Then I decided to just give myself a completely fresh windows installation, and the message remains.

Since all that failed I figured there must be an issue with my memory, maybe faulty memory sticks, I tried swapping them out with different ones and the exact same error message still comes up.

Anyone have any ideas before I give up? All my hardware is pretty new within a year or so old. I last logged in back in November with the exact same setup and it worked great then. All other games/programs work fine.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Skeleton

I'm having the same problem. Anyone know of a solution?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

I'm having this same exact issue after not loggin in for about 5 months. Would be nice for an answer.. Thanks.

Dildy
Old 03-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

hey guys i think it has something to do with windowed mode...check out the FAQ...
Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Nevermind, after changing the windowed resolutions/height/width, i'm still getting the error.... halp!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
1. Help! When I try to run eq, at some point before entering the game, I get an error that looks something like this:
The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

This solution to this is actually very simple. Go to your EQ folder. Find the file eqclient.ini and open it in a text editor (i use notepad, its the simplest to use)

hit ctrl+f, type windowedwidth, you should see something like this:

WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=768
Width=1280
Height=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768

change it to this:

WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
Width=800
Height=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600

I'm using 800 x 600 here, but you may need to fiddle with that a bit. If 800 x 600 isnt working, try using your monitors native resolution instead. Eventually, you will get a combination that works, just keep trying.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Well fellas, muthafuckin dildy to the rescue once again. I figured this shit out.

If you're trying to open the file via titanium directory, you're fuckin' doin it wrong. Pras the lord Dildy is here.

Create a shortcut of EQGAME.exe to yo' muthafuckin desktop.

THEN: go to properties within EQGAME and add patchme to the end of all that bullshit in the target box.

Press the 'ok' box and muthafuckin double click that shit!

You should be all good to go and loaded up to play on RED. Don't even bother playing on blue. For fucks sake...did you load up P1999 just to play that blue shit? Fuck me...if so, disregard everything I just said and delete your fucking internet explorer off your computer ASAP.

Dildy out.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Argh: That was the first thing I tried when I got this error, did not work.

Dildy: I've tried that method also. Still gives me the error crash.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Skeleton

When I try to put patchme at the end of the target box I keep getting a message saying it's invalid.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Have you tried reinstalling directx?