Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 05:01 AM
Orc

If you're holding the VT camp solo claiming that you are able to solo her..do you have to attempt a solo kill when she spawns?

Both have them have been understood to be FTE and it has been fine. And I dont think anyone will believe me if I go there and say "sorry, VT is camped"
Old 05-02-2019, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like we need more rules so people can lawyer harder and make the place way more fun to play <3
Old 05-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised to see that GM ruling on this.
Yep. After camping both of these myself over many spawns, I never once encountered anyone who considered it a camp. We were all operating under the impression that we were competing for FTE.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Orc

Well, I am currently claiming the VT camp. Goodluck everyone else next spawn.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18120 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I am currently claiming the VT camp. Goodluck everyone else next spawn.
Lmaooooo. Got emmm

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 05-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Server GM

Hello,

The recent call that involved DiogenesThaDogg never felt 100% right to me, a lot of arguments could be made for FTE or campable. I compared VT/VD to Hadden and SF, but Llandris made a very compelling argument which I'll list below.

I brought the topic up with other Senior Staff and we combed through countless past calls relating to these two spawns. The overwhelming majority is that it's FTE, not campable.

I put non-raid, single target, no PH spawns into two categories.

1. Campable, but must keep guards clear.
Sir Lucan
Drusella Sathir

2. Campable, but must get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
Hadden
Stormfeather

I originally put VT/VD into this category but because they are generally killed with 2+ players, this makes it really hard.

Quote:
Llandris: A player "camping" must have friends with characters camped near by or get players
mobilized to this remote zone pretty quickly. Or if it was a solo, a skilled enchanter would have to abandon the camp to grab a pet.
As we see it this goes against the "stalling" or "kill within a reasonable amount of time" guideline we
have stated countless times for other camps. So I can understand the confusion among players(and staff apparently).

So, we're making this official. A third category.

3. FTE, let the race begin.
Verina Tomb
Vessel Drozlin

I'll see if I can talk Nilbog/Rogean into putting a FTE emote on these two mobs which would make it pretty clear what kind of encounter this is and stop any confusion that may come up in the future.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused, but going forward you have this post to go on as a concrete guideline backed up by the Server GM and other Senior Staff.

If anyone has shared the screenshot that DiogeneThaDogg has posted, please remove it or edit the
post stating the call has been reversed.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Orc

Thank you for this clarification and the addition of the FTE emotes should make it very clear.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

The recent call that involved DiogenesThaDogg never felt 100% right to me, a lot of arguments could be made for FTE or campable. I compared VT/VD to Hadden and SF, but Llandris made a very compelling argument which I'll list below.

I brought the topic up with other Senior Staff and we combed through countless past calls relating to these two spawns. The overwhelming majority is that it's FTE, not campable.

I put non-raid, single target, no PH spawns into two categories.

1. Campable, but must keep guards clear.
Sir Lucan
Drusella Sathir

2. Campable, but must get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
Hadden
Stormfeather

I originally put VT/VD into this category but because they are generally killed with 2+ players, this makes it really hard.

As we see it this goes against the "stalling" or "kill within a reasonable amount of time" guideline we
have stated countless times for other camps. So I can understand the confusion among players(and staff apparently).

Verina Tomb
Vessel Drozlin

I'll see if I can talk Nilbog/Rogean into putting a FTE emote on these two mobs which would make it pretty clear what kind of encounter this is and stop any confusion that may come up in the future.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused, but going forward you have this post to go on as a concrete guideline backed up by the Server GM and other Senior Staff.

If anyone has shared the screenshot that DiogeneThaDogg has posted, please remove it or edit the
Thanks for quick response about how the camp will be ruled/escalation for figuring it out.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Respect
Old 05-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Verina Tomb
Vessel Drozlin

Thank you for conferring and looking into this deeply, as I agree, this was a very "grey" area. However, since the call was reversed, and moving forward this is a FTE mob, officially, is there going to be a reparation for the group that had FTE in the first place? This isn't a simple spawn, it is and has always been highly contested and the window is quite large, sitting around stinky Dark Elves.

Any chance there is a "good-will" gesture to the players involved that, in the end, were correct? Whatever your answer is fine, but I do feel like I need to ask as I have had 2 lvl 60 Enchanters and camped this spawn for I don't even know how many hours. I was there to help a guildmate kill her, with FTE in mind. I am not saying any bans or disciplines should be assessed, because as it seems, it was cloudy. However, through all the posts, it is quite obvious it has always been understood to be a FTE.

Any leniency on this, given the outcome the staff and GM's determined is correct, would be greatly appreciated.

Blue
Siahen - 60 Iksar Monk - Azure Guard
Mythias - 52 High Elf Cleric - Azure Guard
Ashlaya K'Valor - 51 Dark Elf Enchanter - Azure Guard
Last edited by ralyn; 05-03-2019 at 02:16 PM..
Closed Thread