Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 11:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Donate some $$ for the server or you are a scrub
Old 09-17-2019, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they are opening a green server with all the nerf and removed items (nerf and removed for good reason) then after that green server has reached the end they are gonna let them flood blue with things like manastones, oh joy. Again, there is a reason these items were removed or nerfed in the first place
Guys we are talking 5 years down the line. Most og people gunna disappear before that. Red launched after all og secrets were revealed and there aren't mountains of manastones flooding the market. Most of them are gone.

The devs aren't idiots. Can we please all stop acting like the devs are idiots.

They are not idiots.

Red looking forward to any action taken to change it in any way. Fresh start like blue is getting. Anything. I love classic EverQuest and pvp makes it all the more intense and gives gear new meaning that I enjoy.

Besides do you guys really want the red player weirdos to go play green and sour that whole situation?

A robust quarantine facility is desirable for all players.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Character Names
You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue. We may also bring the server up early to allow character creations ahead of time. We will try to announce this as much in advance as we can.
This is kind of a bummer. Part of the appeal to me for the Green Server was a shot at getting names I wasn't able to before. Is there any consideration being made towards purging accounts that have been inactive for years? There has to be accounts from pre Kunark that are sitting there untouched holding names that new players could be taking. A purge would be in line with live EQ practices as well.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflanigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is kind of a bummer. Part of the appeal to me for the Green Server was a shot at getting names I wasn't able to before. Is there any consideration being made towards purging accounts that have been inactive for years? There has to be accounts from pre Kunark that are sitting there untouched holding names that new players could be taking. A purge would be in line with live EQ practices as well.
I don't think a character purge is the answer mate. Had I came back and found my characters and stuff gone I would not have played. Them not doing that kind of crap is exactly one of the main reasons I play here. Loosing some of my toons in the first server merge on EQ Live is what made me quit that game on the spot in the first place years ago. I didn't hardly touch the game after that for the better part of a decade or more because of it. Nobody grinds to loose their progress. That being said I would say something more along the lines of names on inactive accounts for like 6 months to no longer then a year if you have not logged in should become available on the new server. Other MMO's have done this and I think it's an excellent solution for it so that nobody looses and everybody wins. Problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also aside from them being complete total and utter morons and messing things up and not fixing them back during server merges they have never intentionally purged characters on EQ Live that I have ever seen. That's only ever happened purposely or otherwise when servers have been merged together. And again one of the very main reasons I dropped them like a bad habit. lol I just recently logged in to EQ Live to see some of the changes out of pure curiosity. My toons that remained untouched on Firiona Vie are still there. Granted I quit for a over a decade so I got to ask what purge practice on EQ Live are you referring to mate? Because the only toons I had that survived the merge because they were on a specialized server are still there surprisingly and well alive and kicking. Lmao!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by KOOLLAYD; 09-17-2019 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Corrections.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflanigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is kind of a bummer. Part of the appeal to me for the Green Server was a shot at STEALING names I wasn't able to before.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by snflanigan View Post
This is kind of a bummer. Part of the appeal to me for the Green Server was a shot at STEALING names I wasn't able to before.
That isn't always the case mate and you shouldn't assumed that either. I've had people use some of my character names before when I have joined a game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2019, 09:02 AM
Orc

Ty, Nilbog!
Old 09-17-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Will I get my name? Will I not get my name? Will I settle for my second choice? Will I get my third? Will I have to surround my name with Xs? Will this be the time I find myself a new name? What if I just insert this extra letter, still kinda like my name? Should I spell it phonetically? Maybe in another language? What if I run into the guy who took my name, should I train him? Make him an offer? And then train him anyway? Should I put "Real" in front of my name? Is there anything I can do? Nilbog, Did you get my PayPal donation? Did you see my account and character names in the comment field?

Name drama.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOLLAYD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think a character purge is the answer mate. Had I came back and found my characters and stuff gone I would not have played. Them not doing that kind of crap is exactly one of the main reasons I play here. Loosing some of my toons in the first server merge on EQ Live is what made me quit that game on the spot in the first place years ago. I didn't hardly touch the game after that for the better part of a decade or more because of it. Nobody grinds to loose their progress. That being said I would say something more along the lines of names on inactive accounts for like 6 months to no longer then a year if you have not logged in should become available on the new server. Other MMO's have done this and I think it's an excellent solution for it so that nobody looses and everybody wins. Problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also aside from them being complete total and utter morons and messing things up and not fixing them back during server merges they have never intentionally purged characters on EQ Live that I have ever seen. That's only ever happened purposely or otherwise when servers have been merged together. And again one of the very main reasons I dropped them like a bad habit. lol I just recently logged in to EQ Live to see some of the changes out of pure curiosity. My toons that remained untouched on Firiona Vie are still there. Granted I quit for a over a decade so I got to ask what purge practice on EQ Live are you referring to mate? Because the only toons I had that survived the merge because they were on a specialized server are still there surprisingly and well alive and kicking. Lmao!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I probably should have worded that better. By purge, I meant what you are describing by having inactive accounts lose naming rights. I would honestly be cool with the inactive period being longer, too. Something like 2-3 years. There's a lot of names being held up by people who probably have not played for a much longer period than that even. I added about 6 names I wanted to my friend list back when I started at the end of 2012 and I only ever saw one of them pop online and he's still active. 5/6 are just dead character names.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOLLAYD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That isn't always the case mate and you shouldn't assumed that either. I've had people use some of my character names before when I have joined a game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By definition those aren't your characters names then, they are theirs.
Closed Thread