Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Large Bat

Default thinking about joining p1999

Thinking about giving p1999 a shot. I play on normal EQ servers. What class would you guys recommend for someone starting out with no plat or anything? Also, i installed p1999 and tried to run it, but when i would switch to full screen, i would only get a big black screen. When i went out to windowed mode the buttom of my screen would crop out and i couldn't maximize it. Any ideas?
Old 04-17-2014, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

play p99, its great. if you play a necro you can have thousands of plat by the time you hit lvl 25. set window resolution manually in the ini file which resides in main directory of game.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you rolled a Druid or Wizard you could make money porting people at 29+. Or an enchanter can make good tips giving out clarity at 29+. Really any int or wisdom caster would make a fine choice. Mage and necro would probably be the best options in terms of being least gear dependent imo, along with being able solo really well.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Are you using Titanium client? If you are trying to patch Project1999 to the client you use for Live, it will not work.

Also, have you considered playing on the PVP server? Blue server is pretty crowded. Several people are offering assistance to get you started.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Senior Server Guide

Hi welcome to Project1999!

Make sure that you followed everything outlined in the getting started section here, including deleting/renaming certain files:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

RE your black screen, if you search google "project 1999 full screen black" you will get afew answers, some of which are in this thread here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Fire Giant

Get in touch with me in game and I will give you some newbie starter stuff.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Fire Giant

Oh also, if you join our guild, we have resources on the forums for fixing UI and getting setup to optimize your experience. Just get in touch and let me know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, have you considered playing on the PVP server? Blue server is pretty crowded.
lol no it's not.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Welcome to the Server! I've never had any luck getting it to run Full Screen, however I know it *IS* possible. I have just gotten used to it and enjoy it for seeing vent and my second monitor.

Did you never play live back in the day? Should be pretty easy to decide on a class if you did. However if you didn't post what you are looking for or what you want to do/enjoy and we will give you a helping hand.
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol no it's not.
Many popular zones on blue are crowded. Starting to think Quineloe is on a crusade against the red server.

Consider EQ pvp, its less populated but gives the game an extra dimension [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread