Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-26-2022, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frontal stun immunity seems very over rated or I just am very lucky. I've gone hours and hours never being stunned in the front. Dark Elf sk. Have had 15 mobs on me facing them still never getting stunned. 45- 50 level ranged mobs while being level 56 and 57.

Is it xamount of damage to be stunned or something from the front? I'm tempted to pull some level 60s and just face tank and see how long b4 I get stunned... or is it a level difference ..I have been trying to get stunned from the front... it just doesn't happen.. my only guess is mobs have to be much higher level.. or after a certain level you have like a 1% chance to get stunned .. I have pushed pretty hard to try to get stunned.. I know what I'm fighting stuns because once I turn back I get constant stunned.. just curious about others opinion
You might be exagerating a wee bit, with so many mobs in that level range (Seb/ Lower Guk/ HS/ the Hole/ Kedge / Kael) hitting you, you'd not be stunned but dead. Try 3-4 HS mobs and let us know how it goes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I recently did so on a 60 shaman after an AoE Slow got 100% resisted.... RIP shaman in a matter of seconds
Old 04-26-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, FSI is still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgFcImQ9XU Here you can see how often a higher level mob bashes. I have all the places in the video where a bash occurs marked in the description. I got hit 12 times by a bash on a 12ish minute fight, so average of 1 bash per minute. This is with a 75% slow applied.

For Shamans FSI is far superior to Troll Regen once you have Torpor.

For Warriors FSI is generally the better option. Most Warriors are not doing a lot of soloing. But Troll Regen is great if you prefer to solo on your Warrior.

For Shadowknights Troll Regen is is generally the better option, as Shadowknights are a great solo class, and many people use them as such. But FSI is good if you are someone who mostly/exclusively groups with your Shadowknight.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:06 PM
Banned

Speaking as an Ogre Shaman, I disagree. Stun isn't that big of a deal. I would much prefer an extra fungi's worth of regen.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking as an Ogre Shaman, I disagree. Stun isn't that big of a deal. I would much prefer an extra fungi's worth of regen.
You should check the Shaman guide in my signature. You can Math out precisely how much Regen you get as a Troll over an Ogre, and it has been done in my guide. Before you get Torpor Troll Regen is 100% better, there is no doubt. Post Torpor you are basically always at full HP when not in combat due to Torpor. This means you aren't regenerating at all. While you are in combat, Troll Regen at best saves you one Torpor, and that is if it is a fight lasting longer than 12 minutes. Most fights do not go that long, and the ones that do don't need you to save one Torpor. Troll Regen post Torpor basically becomes useless. This is why most Torpor Shamans stop using Fungi Tunic and go for Vindi BP instead. Fungi Tunic becomes something like 5% of your total regen, and troll regen becomes around 2.5% of your total regen. Trolls only get +8 regen over Ogres when standing, and Torpor Shamans never sit down to regenerate, except maybe right after a resurrection due to sickness. Remember, Torpor is giving you +300 regen per tick.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-26-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't being stunned prevent one from being able to mitigate with Dodge/Parry/Riposte? While it doesn't prevent spell interrupts, I would think FSI is huge for a Warrior and maintaining their mitigation at all times.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't being stunned prevent one from being able to mitigate with Dodge/Parry/Riposte? While it doesn't prevent spell interrupts, I would think FSI is huge for a Warrior and maintaining their mitigation at all times.
FSI does prevent spell interrupts. If you get stunned, you are interrupted, guaranteed. FSI prevents you from getting stunned, which means you won't get interrupted on the stun. You fall back to the normal chance of failure.

For Warriors FSI is good for mitigation + hate. Getting stunned means you are not hitting the mob, which means you are losing agro. It's not game breaking by any means, plenty of Warriors are not Ogres. But Troll Regen in any serious fight is worthless, as you are getting CH'ed so often that you are barely even ticking regen.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-26-2022 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI does prevent spell interrupts. If you get stunned, you are interrupted, guaranteed. FSI prevents you from getting stunned, which means you won't get interrupted on the stun. You fall back to the normal chance of failure.

For Warriors FSI is good for mitigation + hate. Getting stunned means you are not hitting the mob, which means you are losing agro. It's not game breaking by any means, plenty of Warriors are not Ogres. But Troll Regen in any serious fight is worthless, as you are getting CH'ed so often that you are barely even ticking regen.
But does being stunned also prevent Block/Dodge/Parry/Riposte or not?
Old 04-26-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But does being stunned also prevent Block/Dodge/Parry/Riposte or not?
As far as I know being stunned prevents you from being able to use any of the defensive skills (Dodge/Parry/Riposte). Warriors do not get Block though. Block is Monk only.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vindi BP, etc
Torpor has a 6 second cast time, and for a shaman time is the limiting constraint. Plus, regen is just always running, whether you're soloing, raiding or grouping.

Regen > FSI.
Last edited by bomaroast; 04-26-2022 at 12:47 PM..
Old 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
As far as I know being stunned prevents you from being able to use any of the defensive skills (Dodge/Parry/Riposte). Warriors do not get Block though. Block is Monk only.
Well, same thing as Parry, that's why I included it.

So Ogre Warriors not only have an advantage in hate generation, but also in never dropping their mitigation, which could be disastrous if it happens at the wrong moment.