Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2022, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real money is btc

We're closer to mining asteroids than the sun is to knocking out electricity on earth. Just like the internet had that Y2K nonsense you'll believe all crypto isn't safe because of outside environmental occurrences?

It takes money to hold btc and real physical asset to mine them. It isn't just sitting in a vault acquiring dust and some dude behind a printer.
Nah I just think its dumb to invest into something I can't physically hold in my hands. As others have pointed out it makes more sense to buy precious metals or even gems than it does to buy a string of robot jizz off the internet.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

I was just wondering about the logic of Bitcoin vs Krugerrands if you’re trying to dodge the boogeyman. Gold is just as finite as Bitcoin and a few gold coins travel pretty well and do work without electricity..if you’re counting on collapse.

And if I’m sitting there with a jar of peanut butter and your hungry id consider the gold long
Before I consider the Bitcoin password.

I sometimes get the feeling that crypto is mostly going to end up robbing poor and middle class of yet more of their wealth.

Some couple dudes will have got in and rich and diversified in time, but everyone jumping on the train at 58k a few months ago or 40k now
I worry about.

Yeah, it could still go to 100. Never know. So far it performs roughly like the market so
I’d rather have gold.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Never went back down to the 20s.. basically has doubled in its average price in the last 2 years but in between has like quintupled a few times.

If you invested 2 years ago, then you never saw a loss during all this volatility.

Not bad.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

It is bad, especially if any evil assholes got hold of that shit and wedge it into society at large, hell even on the small scale its a threat and I am not the fucking Gov.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 03-31-2022 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-31-2022, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Oh I meant return. Yeah idk maybe the NSA invented it to control us all before they make a megachurch we all have to worship.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

I'm really not a pro-gold guy that is really like, a 2008 thing right? But here is a chart for the price of gold https://www.macrotrends.net/1333/his...100-year-chart
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:32 PM
Banned

I finally figured out what that guy has in his mouth.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Invest in PGS.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-31-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is bad, especially if any evil assholes got hold of that shit and wedge it into society at large, hell even on the small scale its a threat and I am not the fucking Gov.
I am glad we agree on something my man. We may be driving stick together in a convoy crushing commies
Old 03-31-2022, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah I just think its dumb to invest into something I can't physically hold in my hands. As others have pointed out it makes more sense to buy precious metals or even gems than it does to buy a string of robot jizz off the internet.
Technically you can hold btc in your hands. You can put a cold storage wallet in a usb drive or ledger and take it with you.. Are you storing gold bars with you at all times for emergencies? If so I'd love to see how that works when shit hits the fan crossing boarders. All you need is to memorize 12 words or a 'seedphrase' to access your wallet on nearly any device. Brb accessing 100k usd worth of x coins any part of the world on any shitty smart phone via starlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are all hoping to get rich. It isn’t about retirement or a hedge against inflation. Everyone younger than 40 despises work. Your grip is as weak as your constitution
I could type something with a meaningful-response but it'll automatically be rejected by old habits and clinging to old world views. Brickwalls are easy to steer around so .... Ok grandpa will suffice .