Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-31-2022, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt I will ever get into ST or VP so any suggestions from those places would be out of my realm.
Eh, it's not as unobtainable as you think, and there's a lot of good aggro weapons in VP. Just take it a step at a time. I'd work on your VP key while you grind to 60. Verix in KC for example is a solid camp.

Your gear is fine for starting to raid. There's some small stuff you can improve on, but the best bang for your buck will be raid drops. I suppose one thing that might be worth while is a fungi if you wanted to mainly solo/duo to 60.

The most efficient thing to do would be to get 60, join a guild and start raiding.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:06 AM
Kobold

Getting a warrior geared enough to tank every mob in game isn’t as hard as you would think. 6250 with a couple nice threat weapons and you can stand in front of everything.

Getting from 6250 with modest ac up to 6600+ takes a lot more effort and play time depending on your guild.

Fully agree with what everyone else has said. Work on those items, eyepatch is amazing bang for the buck as are the chardok earrings.

Get 60. Get a microphone that works. Buy a backpack full of forlorn totem of rolfron zek, a backpack of wort pots, a few kilvas pots. Shrink pots or cobalt bracer.

App to whatever raid guild you think you’d enjoy being a part of. Most don’t have attendance reqs. Just be present when you ARE able to attend raids. Be a vocal tank. We live longer. (Except Alli. But her chat macros are on point)

Either way. Straying off topic. You don’t have to be a neck beard with no job to build a nice warrior. You might never get full BIS but if you want to raid tank and want some really nice gear, don’t count yourself out.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:29 AM
Sarnak

Thanks a ton guys. This really helps.