Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM
Banned

Now that P99 is officially endorsed by Daybreak I'm not sure if it's "illegal" anymore. I'm not even sure it would be a problem if they provided a direct download for the titanium client at this point. I have also played on other emu servers that had standalone .exe patchers that basically took care of everything automatically so it can't be that hard.

All that said it's not that hard to setup p99 as it stands. It's not really a big issue. If you struggle with something this trivial I'd suggest brushing up on your interweb skills.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

This game is a simmulated drone war machine like the movie TOYS every one of the smash/grabs youve seen on the news is a mine condroled drone, where someone is just playing their character doing a quest on p99

this is a very illegal and deep psyop that goes farther than anyone could ever dream so yeah I think i know what Im talknig about.
Old 06-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Banned

can someone summarize all three pages of this so i don't have to read it?
Old 06-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can someone summarize all three pages of this so i don't have to read it?
To summarize:
Rising YouTuber hopes to assimilate P99 forum to their worldwide audience by tearing down the very game the community is built around. Then, exerting their immense YouTuber clout, attempts to get rally said community against the decade long status quo.

Community reacts predictably.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:07 PM
Banned

ty!

it's not gonna happen

get wrekt OP
Old 06-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmedina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing 2 days ago and I must tell you after spending 2 hours of my life making it work I am not surprised this server is not growing.

I documented my installation nightmare in this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx45I0DLvwg

How come nobody has streamlined the process yet? Not only there is no centralized way to know how to set up the whole thing (Neither this website or EqEmu's has all the info you need to do so) but most if not all my hassle could have been automated by a single installer.

I don't want to watch a 30 minute video to install the game, and neither does any potential new player.

Even if you make a condensed readable and to the point guide that "just works" the guide provided in this website is very awkwardly formatted and frankly tedious to navigate.

I may not be a member of this community but I beg you to listen to me; if you do not improve your How-to section and provide a proper Setup download this game will never grow.

Please don't look at this through the eyes of you who has been playing this game for 20 years, just imagine for a moment how awful this is for someone that never installed this game before and how avoidable this is.

Thank you for reading my very long rant
When i made my first character on live 22 years ago it was a dark elf necromancer cause that sounded badass. I had no idea what to do, where to go, or even how to find my way out of the dark maze of a city I found myself in. The game was utterly indifferent to my success.

That's everquest.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Mad about wasting 2 hours of your life?

I dont think this is the right place for you.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Out of curiosity, does OP open with, "hey youtube" or "hey youtubers"?

Definitely will not watch, but any variant of the above is generally a sign that the ensuing content will be a hellscape of poor choices.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that P99 is officially endorsed by Daybreak I'm not sure if it's "illegal" anymore. I'm not even sure it would be a problem if they provided a direct download for the titanium client at this point. I have also played on other emu servers that had standalone .exe patchers that basically took care of everything automatically so it can't be that hard.

All that said it's not that hard to setup p99 as it stands. It's not really a big issue. If you struggle with something this trivial I'd suggest brushing up on your interweb skills.
It's endorsed for people who legally own everquest titanium. Obtaining it illegally is still technically breaking the law.
Old 06-11-2022, 11:01 PM
Aviak

if you dont know how to mount and use disc images, then download and unzip the patch zip by now, then you should give up.