Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if i told you that Teal server is an instance
I'd say you don't know what an instance is.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq pvp sucks dude.
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 11-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

People complained about zerg guilds on Blue. After 10 years, nothing changed, except that one brief time towards the end of Kunark (which was abolished once Velious came out), where we had some sort of staff enforced lockout on raid mobs. I don't recall exactly how it worked and the information has been removed from www.project1999.com/raid.php, but IMO the only change you're likely to get is a re-implementation of this system. I imagine the staff view limiting guild member numbers as well as limiting the amount of players who may engage a mob as "not Classic" so it'll never happen. But there were live servers out there who utilized rotations for raid mobs and is why the late Kunark era raid system is more likely to be used if anything.

I do imagine that the staff already has thoughts and plans (even if those plans are to do nothing at all) about raiding on Green/Teal. But the above mentioned system isn't necessary yet so you probably won't hear anything about raiding from the staff for a while, until multiple guilds are involved.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Make raid gear drop off decaying skeletons, problem solved!
Old 11-17-2019, 08:30 AM
Orc

I'm unsure why you even care since you told us that you have no intentions to raid on Green / Teal. The kill was a ton of fun for those involved.

I've never attempted Naggy with a group consisting of such a low player level average. In fact I was 46 for the attempt and I believe it's the first time I've ever been less than 50 myself.

As for the 35 player cap, I'm pretty sure we had 14 more than your proposed number, but I know for a fact a couple of those players were under level 20 and many were under 35. Props to the guild for finding something useful for those players on an endgame target.

We all know Naggy isn't hard but sometimes its just fun to go slay a dragon.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Banned

Eq pvp doesn’t suck I think you suck
Old 11-17-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eq pvp doesn’t suck I think you suck
eq pvp sucks dude.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq pvp sucks dude.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some of the staff has suggested pvp as solution to raid problems already. sorry you are out of the loop.
I think restricted PvP is the best option, whether that be on a zone by zone basis or through some type of guild war function.

I am not a big fan of min/maxers and the type of play that means High Keep and even the bankers there become nothing but a way to get easy exp via power leveling etc. etc., but you know, nothing I can do about that and people are free to play as they see fit.

Oh, thanks for the Hero Bracers.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bane of EQ are zerg guilds. Currently Green's zerg guild is <Seal Team>. These guilds truly ruin the everquest experience. I heard naggy was zerged down a few nights ago and i saw some footage of some 500 deaths or so. I was absolutely disgusted.

any guild that fields more than 35 players should be forced PVP flagged in any zone that a raid mob exists.

Staff please make this happen.

-Ilgart the wise
By popular demand. A snarky remark from Haynar.

OP. You can go play on red. Gives you exactly what you are asking for.