Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverHawk1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well I have reinstalled the update many many times now. still the same problem. Everything seems to be updating correctly however. Im old. I may need it dumbed down for me. The setup guide doesn't seem to have an answer.
Download V53 from the Home page here, its one of the first things that you will read when you click Home tab that's right beside the forums tab. among that sentence is a part that will guide you on what to do with the Download v53. you will be extracting what you have downloaded into your EQ folder. you will want to allow it to override everything it needs to.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonseraphim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teal sudden merge with green. Hi, I hope I can find the right words for this. But this merge has really handicapped those people trying to get their hands in a manastone/rubiBP and the likes. The list has doubled because of the merged. It is now harder to find a goof exp group camp 30+. I will like to request for the Teal server to come out with Kunark, since by then there will be lots more choices for hunting grounds and we do not have to worry about manastone and those other items. Please seriously consider.
so you want them to cater to your needs? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 08:49 PM
Large Rat

Will there be any notification as to why the sudden merge? Teal was created because when folks were on green, it was resting over 1,000 concurrent users. Which was deemed too much by the staff, hence teals creation. Now during off-hours, server pop is 1300ish, and during peak, it will undoubtedly be in the 1500-1750 range. Is this sustainable? It's hard enough on teal to find camps at 50 to do anything, everything is camped. Now you've double the population before anyone was ready, and its a literal shit show trying to find things to do.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:07 PM
Banned

Was fun while it lasted. Time for a break and wait for season 9 of eqpvp.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:17 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My son is paralyzed in both arms and hands he really liked to play druids/clerics before his accident but he still wants to play eq with me is it alright if i control his computer for him while i control my character on my computer? Can i download a vpn fr this?
Sorry for his issues.

But this would fall under boxing. And would be a bannable offense.

If he is just watching you play for him, then just play for him.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:50 PM
Kobold

Cool

Darn I was looking forward to playing on Teal in Unrest. I'm only level 16 but I liked the small player base.

Also red was great. Aside from some players using slurs I had fun and everyone was really kind and generous and most people were ironically ostrasized for gabkijg someone so I rarely had pvp encounters.

Wish there was a team pvp server but it would suffer the same fate.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

I've been playing on this server since 2009 and this is by far the worst decision the staff have made. Extremely disappointed to see the staff make a decision which makes the daily life of every single player significantly worse.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you want them to cater to your needs? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not to my needs, but to the needs of many people like me. I am not the only one that affected by the merge. I am talking about hundredths of people.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonseraphim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teal sudden merge with green. Hi, I hope I can find the right words for this. But this merge has really handicapped those people trying to get their hands in a manastone/rubiBP and the likes. The list has doubled because of the merged. It is now harder to find a goof exp group camp 30+. I will like to request for the Teal server to come out with Kunark, since by then there will be lots more choices for hunting grounds and we do not have to worry about manastone and those other items. Please seriously consider.
sorry bud but not everyone gets a trophy here.....if you want it then put in the work to get it or buy it....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 10:51 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing on this server since 2009 and this is by far the worst decision the staff have made. Extremely disappointed to see the staff make a decision which makes the daily life of every single player significantly worse.
Drama queen much?

You are forced to play here?

Decision is made. Its not going to be undone.