Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Why was there never a wasp or bixie dungeon
Old 05-26-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why was there never a wasp or bixie dungeon
The Hive
Stonehive, big honeycomb dungeons.

As Loramin said there are no desert dungeons either, old ruined cities to explore. False walls, full of traps like pit falls and swinging blades.

No sea dungeons, sunk pirate ships.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Hive
Stonehive, big honeycomb dungeons.

As Loramin said there are no desert dungeons either, old ruined cities to explore. False walls, full of traps like pit falls and swinging blades.

No sea dungeons, sunk pirate ships.
Well there’s Kedge and SG (which is underwater on the sea) so I guess at least they did the underwater thing
Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well there’s Kedge and SG (which is underwater on the sea) so I guess at least they did the underwater thing
Kedge is neat in its own right, especially for 1999. The original developers were bold enough to put a fully underwater dungeon in the game.

Just saying for the most part the ocean floors are barren and could be used. Might even put a teleport ring/pyramid under there. Just might sure to have EB up before port, its a swim to the surface.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:28 PM
Aviak

Default Mhmm

What you suggest takes time and it's obvious, the devs do not have much of it to give P99 anymore. The Chardok revamp patch took literal years to implement. Custom content would take even longer than that. Building something from scratch for a private EQ server takes scary amounts of time.

This is a free emulator that exists solely on donations. Let me ask you this, have you donated to the project? Do you donate more than once, and if so, how often and what amount?

If you want to try something out that is different, try Red. Same EQ, but with an extra layer of complexity.

If it's more content you're looking for then I'd suggest the TLP servers or live.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 05-26-2020, 08:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you suggest takes time and it's obvious, the devs do not have much of it to give P99 anymore. The Chardok revamp patch took literal years to implement. Custom content would take even longer than that. Building something from scratch for a private EQ server takes scary amounts of time.

This is a free emulator that exists solely on donations. Let me ask you this, have you donated to the project? Do you donate more than once, and if so, how often and what amount?

If you want to try something out that is different, try Red. Same EQ, but with an extra layer of complexity.

If it's more content you're looking for then I'd suggest the TLP servers or live.
If there was a resolved push by the devs to focus more on the game and they were inclined to ask for money for that purpose, I might be persuaded to send a few bucks their way. I think most of us, especially the active players, wouldn't mind all chipping in some money if they knew we would be getting content. This sounds similar to DLC now that I write it out...
But as far as donations as concerned, what would be wrong with organizing a campaign to make this game great again? Its clear that some people are unhappy, that there is tons of room for improvement. Custom content was already confirmed. If they need 5 bucks from each to us to get started, throw up a go fund me and judge for yourself how much interest there is by the amount of money they receive.
I don't know. I need other perspectives as well. But why promise content at all if this was really a museum?
Old 05-26-2020, 11:06 PM
Banned

I don't think they can do that because of Daybreak or Dark paw. They would be competing financially with the parent company even if its an emulated server that doesn't directly interact with the main live servers. It's still money taken that isn't going to the parent.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So..before you all tell about the nerfs you could guise under the term custom content, that's not what i mean.

It occurred to me today that there have been hundreds of hours (maybe more) spent on creating policy and layering raids. I feel like this work gets wiped away by changes in the social dynamic or changes to nerf the play base.

Instead of wasting time with a temporary solution why not just create some more raid content? Some really easy content to install would be single mobs in already iconic zones.

Why do i say it would be easy? Because there is a metric booty load of data to show how a mob should be tuned so it creates a certain level of difficulty for current p99 raiding capabilities. Same goes with mob drops, and besides, everyone is so crazy over geared for the content we could literally skip to pop and get into ele planes without looting a single item after gridning AAs.

So here are some amazing ideas for where to place new raid bosses:

1. City leaders or iconic city figures.
2. Bring back Mayong Mistmoore and make him hit like AoW and proc like VS
3. Add the guardians in Skyshrine
4. Why are there not more spooky undead dragons to raid in DN?
5. Odus needs a raid mob...period.
6. A kraken in any of the ocean zones
7. The maze in Kerra Isle needs a raid mob
8. Temple of Sol Ro needs an Avatar of Sol Ro
9. Make a raid version of King Xorbb
10. Make Bristlebane an actual fun raid to do
11. Lake Rathe needs a Lochnees monster to raid
12. Halas Arena - Fight a berserker that is a badass, maybe even a ring style event.
13. Deep in Akanon something went wrong..fight a crazy steam powered beasty

And if the EQ lore leaves you creatively dry... here's over 100 pages of inspiration from the EQ creators muse

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j...gxaDdMakk/view
Some great ideas, there is a great myth abut a creature in lake rathe!

Ive always wanted city leader raids, imagine if there were two quest lines that when completed would change the city from a working city to a KOS dungeon until a raid boss is killed and the city is returned and the cycle is repeated or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2020, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

This mob already exists

His name is Fippy Darkpaw
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

OP, we had all this shiz back on Teal...then the merge happened.

Come join my Minecraft Realm. I'll give you a diamond pickaxe with Unbreaking II on it!
Closed Thread