Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Banned

Wiki has guides for ForumQuest?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this.

Read from an ex-gm on Reddit awhile back that basically they just make an account on those sites, see if people are selling shit, then go look for it, find the trade, ban the people.

According to them some of these idiots used the same forum name on the RMT site as they did for their EQ account.
Yup. Here is a typical entry from one of those sites:

Quote:
Trading account with Level 44 Rogue with Epic and JBoots for project 1999 blue Platinum. Account has been inactive for around 6 months no friends or anyone that knows the character and there is no verification number set so you can claim ownership of the account. Please post offers.
I wonder how hard it is for server staff to find a 44 Rogue with epic and JBoots that has been inactive for 6 months? Hypothetical question of course, it's supremely easy.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. Here is a typical entry from one of those sites:

I wonder how hard it is for server staff to find a 44 Rogue with epic and JBoots that has been inactive for 6 months? Hypothetical question of course, it's supremely easy.
Oh yeah definitely. I'm guessing there are people who don't put easy details like that in their posts though and those they have to probably try and monitor for other suspicious changes on the account
Old 05-29-2020, 06:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does someone's private criminal record have to do with this community?

Again... blue got dragons rooted, sea furies nerfed, emotional manipulated and disgraced probably one of the best staff members in the history of the server.

Red caused exactly none of those things.
Red was just a toxic enough community that no one wanted to play there anymore. Hense the 4 groups that sit around circle jerking content feeling superior because no one cares enough to compete.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does someone's private criminal record have to do with this community?
Criminal records are public.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe the spawn timer thing was the one thing they had actual hard evidence of. Would make sense for GMs to have access to that info (it certainly was the case back in the day on live).
You didn't witness prior to that an [unnamed guild] that would loke 30+ people in at the same time a couple min before a golem popped in fear, kill it and all log out, rinse and repeat. Very lucky timing.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

It was before my time as well, but I have dived into this cautionary tale whilst on the toilet. My understanding is that vyrenoth was a man of questionable emotional stability who became easily unhinged by pvp. He might write a strange freestyle forum rap at you on the forums, or go on an incoherent rant on you via voice chat. Thus, he seemed very easily trolled by the denizens of red 99. Then one day, he took his pvp to the streets with a rusty morning star, and luckily the woman he tried to gank was able to run to the guards at zone line.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

I feel bad for red99 i wish it was kubar again and Nizzar was running around using up dragon teeth on ppl he really was afraid of
Old 05-30-2020, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
all that time he worked for free... and then that happened over giving away a timer cuz they emotionally manipulated him.

shows u how sick some of these bluebies are. this didnt happen on red.
My perceived innocence of this server died when Sirken was axed. Not that anything was ever really innocent.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yes it exists and some people are paying their rent with it as we type
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread