Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter - On the hard road to knowledge

The Erudite sat there pausing for a moment thinking about the statement the Iksar had uttered. It burned him as he remembered how he'd earned his name, Kwiet, on the first day of alteration training. Master Aestian has bestowed him with the moniker in ironic scolding due his habit for spilling the contents of his sharp mind onto those around him. Master recognized his acute gifts, knowing that he had also forgotten more powerful insights then most of his peers had ever conjured. But it was clear that he needed to teach the boy the power of silence.

"That's fine" the Enchanter spoke, looking up for a moment from his meditations. "Please remember these goo beasts are immune to my control and we lost others exploring these ruins just last night." The Iksar stood tall and only managed a guttural acknowledgement, both to signify his understanding and to portray that the task was within his ability. The lizard Monk set off to draw the creatures back to their ambush.

Only moments later a crash erupted through the thick mist and underbrush. The scales of the Iksar could be made out; he feigned his own death to deceive the amorphous beasts. Two green puddles of conjured evil paused for a moment to admire their kill and then began to set back to their lair. Unprovoked one of the beasts turned and rushed towards the party lying in wait, clearly having sensed the ambush. The other swiftly followed in an unnatural symbiosis. The metal-clad Shadowknight sprung from his position and attempted to cast a cloud of disease on the beasts to draw their attention. Immediately the Rogue and Monk broke position and rushed to their comrade's aid. At that precise moment the Mage's summoned elemental met them at the site of the melee.

Kwiet rose to his feat, pausing to survey the scene. He knew that no others in his party contained magics powerful enough to bind these beasts where they stood nor stun their movements. It was clear that the Iksar Knight had drawn the attention of the two gyrating masses but his strength was fading fast. The Enchanter determined that they were doomed to certain death unless he intervened.

"Perhaps" he thought to himself, taking only a moment to deliberate, if he could cast a powerful Tashani on the beast now locked in combat with the Knight. He may be able to slow it's movements enough to turn the tides of battle. He let slip from his lips the words of the incantation. Unexpectedly the beast turned its attention from the combatants and charged at him. The Enchanter retreated, but only to gain enough ground to loose his magics in a blast of mesmerization. The beast lost nothing in its pace as it continued it's murderous dash. For a moment he nearly let panic slip in, as the muscles and sinew of the emotionless monster smashed and tore at his flesh. Breaking free from the stunning blows, he thought back to his lessons. "Gain distance then try again!" Master shouted in his memories, knowing he had long been taken from this world. The Erudite escaped the clutches of a muscular appendage and tore off at a full sprint.

For the first time in his life all thoughts had left his mind. The words of Tashani instinctively released from his mouth. The beast only further enraged continued the charge. Regaining his thoughts for a moment he attempted a powerful spell to bind the creature to the floor. Again it was no use and the blood soaked Enchanter was overcome by fleshy liquid. His final thought as death was all but certain was to delay the inevitable so as to allow others the opportunity to save themselves. With a final stunning blast of his magic he was able to break free for a moment. Running to gain distance he saw out of the corner of his eye that the others in his party were fully engaged with the second monster and no assistance would come his way. Determined to impede his own death in this godless place, Kwiet made a final attempt to lead the beast around the courtyard back towards it's lair and away from the others.

Just then he was overcome with powerful healing magic, nearly regaining his full strength. The wise shaman had saved him for a moment longer. As he glanced up he caught a glimpse of blades and magic overcoming the beast that was attempting to ensnare him. Almost immediately it turned its attention towards the knight as it was overcome with pestilence. Kwiet nearly stunned from his continued existence shot a glance across the courtyard to find the other goo laying lifeless on the old brick floor. His gaze lingered on the illiquid husk, time had seemed to slow down, he watched as steam rose from the corpse of their defeated foe. The remaining party members joined in the melee and shortly the final creatures followed it to the grave.

The Gnomish Mage stood up from looting one of the creatures. He smirked, "smart thinking kiting it around for a while, I would have done the same thing." Kwiet stood there dusting off his robes just making sense of what had transpired. He nodded a single time in silence, perhaps his master had taught him something during their time together.

The Gnome paused for a moment to examine the Erudite then worked his way off to check the other corpse. The others stood around and remarked on skirmish and the decision-making which ultimately turned the tide of the battle. The time worn Enchanter knew the other truth, that only luck and the strength of his comrades had saved them that day. Nonetheless he notched his belt with another tool that could be used in order to prevail against chaos and prepared to move deeper in the ruins of the old city.

-For that time when you accidentally learn that kiting is the other-other-other form of crowd control

-Kwiet - 40 Erudite Enchanter <Castle>
Old 05-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

I scream like a lil kid when I do that. Some times the mob feels it as a taunt.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:00 AM
Fire Giant

First: I. Love. This. Post.

Second: Hey man, whatever gets it done!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

fantastic!

"i AM the mez"
Old 06-17-2020, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First: I. Love. This. Post.

Second: Hey man, whatever gets it done!
Appreciate the kind feedback. Playing enchanter can be tough especially when you're low for the area. When this happened I wanted to share the story (it was really funny to me) and this is just what kinda spilled our.

I made it to lvl 44 now so hopefully I'll keep some momentum and climb the ranks. One day I'll be able to mez those damn goos haha.

Kwiet - 44 Erudite Enchanter <Castle>
Closed Thread