Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maskedmelon has
Uncovered my raging.
Refrigerator.
5871BCB5-2486-408B-B27F-3B5705E92E52.jpg
Old 04-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Aviak

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Some of you may be really good EQers and smash p99's guts out, but as human beings you need to go back to the drawing board. I'm incredibly proud of PS for what it is *not* and you don't get the right to claim we are anything, until you come see for yourself.

Our actions are interactions. Judge someone by their actions, sure. But civil communications are paramount in understanding anyone. Come do shit with me, I'm bored.

js

And Aalpha cannot have Sky thanks. Was fun to see Pint's name again, so thanks OP <3
Old 04-29-2018, 04:06 AM
Kobold

I am hearing a lot of good and bad, but really I see no solid evidence that supports loot council...
DKP is a fair system, loot council is fair from a biased perspective.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

First, if you look at any guild on this server, the top brass of the guild (leader and officers) are some of, if not the, best geared within their respective guilds, regardless of loot distribution system. So, saying LC guild awards best items to its officers is a moot point. That's like saying Aftermath DKP system is unfair because Detoxx, Alde, et all. have amazing gear, or Awakened DKP system is biased because Eratani, Kelz, and Happyhealz have amazing gear. Or that DKP systems are crazy in that a druid won the very first Yelinak head in BG (oh, he also happened to be the guild leader... hmm....)

Truth is, any loot distribution system is only fair if the leadership designs it so, and people support it. There's plenty of people who complain about unfair stuff in DKP guilds. I've had people in some DKP guilds complain to me that officers hog all the best DKP generating tracking/activities, or that officers do spot awards of DKP to make sure their favored crew always have the DKP they need for any item they want.

Or, your guild is struggling on an encounter, and you spend 5 hours pulling and clearing but earn the same DKP as the dude who logs in 2 minutes before the kill and earns the same amount of DKP (because it's dragon kill points, after all)? Or you are actively working to make sure your force is ready or pulling a dragon, and I'm the DPS monk playing PUBG or Dota2 with EQ minimized and GINA triggers for when someone checks to see if I'm really just AFK?

On almost every guild on this server, DKP never decays, so what about the dude who earned a ton of DKP two years ago doing small, easy stuff (because at that point, the guild was smaller/less skilled and was rewarding more DKP for easy stuff) randomly reappears and has more DKP than the folks who've spent months trying to down more difficult content but with less DKP to show for it?

And that's just earning DKP. How about spending it? Is it really fair that that you and I both want the same item, I have 1900 DKP and you have 1700, so the first time it drops, you bid 1700, forcing me to bid 1701 to get it, then the 2nd time it drops, I snag it for 5 DKP because no one else bid? If 1 dkp = 1 hour of raiding or 1 kill, didn't you just have to do way, way more work to get the same item? How's that fair? What about the dude who (because it never decays), logs in after a 6 month hiatus because he sees a Vulak batphone and blows his DKP and gets the item over the people who worked to make sure his guild could even kill Vulak?

Or, I play a rarely played class (ie: paladin or shadowknight), so I can pick up a ton of class-specific but amazing gear for very little DKP, and thus have plenty of DKP left to outbid others for all/all stuff (so I get more of the best all/all items simply because I can save more than say, a monk or warrior who has a lot of competition.) Granted, you have to play one of those classes, so I guess there's fairness in that.

A LC system can account for, and solve, for all of the problems above. In truth, so can a DKP system if the people running it are fair and sane. It all comes down to trust in the leadership and how the system is designed. Both DKP and LC can work, or fail, as they have, did and do on classic EQ, on p1999, and on any other MMORPG out there.

That being said, I personally know that the LC at PS had the audacity to give someone an amazing item off the Statue of Rallos Zek - to a dude who is not even 60, rarely raids and plays a scrub class no one thinks has a purpose (other than dying). Said dude logs in infrequently and has limited playtime, yet wastes his time helping guild members farm consumables, tracking down winged horses and random frogs and asking in /gu if anyone needs the services of his (useless) class. Officer favoritism at its worst.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:55 AM
Orc

They never claimed it was fair, take it or leave it that is up to you. Paradigm is a guild in a game you can choose to join(given they accept) or leave when you please. PS leadership enjoys loot council and that is their call. I personally enjoyed my time in paradigm and there are many many great people in the leadership and the guild as a whole. But loot council is a system in which you have little to no control and the guild "leader" may and will be given whatever he pleases and continue to brag/mock as you can see in threads such as this. At the end of the day paradigm is a a great guild but loot council is inherently flawed because we are human at the end of the day. I wish paradigm the best of luck you guys will be fine without whomever has issue with things silly as this myself included. I do remember a time when paradigms leadership supposedly lead by example, loot included but as paradigm progressed as a guild and moved on those ideals faded FAST!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how many officers are in PS versus how many regular members?

29 loots to non-officers ... how many TOTAL non-officers are there

7 loots to officers ... how many TOTAL officers are there
This shit right here.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet PS would have picked up far more AW members if they were using dkp.
Most likely, but who says we even wanted to. No offense to A/A but we play the game our way and it has brought us some relative success. We're in no rush to conquer Velious with zerg and the people in this guild give far too few fucks to dominate anything. We get what we get and have fun doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshot444 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They never claimed it was fair, take it or leave it that is up to you. Paradigm is a guild in a game you can choose to join(given they accept) or leave when you please. PS leadership enjoys loot council and that is their call. I personally enjoyed my time in paradigm and there are many many great people in the leadership and the guild as a whole. But loot council is a system in which you have little to no control and the guild "leader" may and will be given whatever he pleases and continue to brag/mock as you can see in threads such as this. At the end of the day paradigm is a a great guild but loot council is inherently flawed because we are human at the end of the day. I wish paradigm the best of luck you guys will be fine without whomever has issue with things silly as this myself included. I do remember a time when paradigms leadership supposedly lead by example, loot included but as paradigm progressed as a guild and moved on those ideals faded FAST!
You'll always have outliers with any loot system where people rage out after not getting what they want and make silly anonymous RnFs. Members by and large seem pretty happy with things. If they weren't happy the guild would die or the system would change. We've had a small handful of people leave over loot the past two years and you were (surprisingly) one of them.

Sorry you didn't get picked, Funz.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit right here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshot444 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair any thread like this where the OP is clearly crying about pixels he no doubt deserves more than whatever deceitful lying bastard officer who ended up with them can really only be answered with mockery. Preferably in haiku.

No loots for you bitch.
Cry some more in rants and flames.
Thank you officers.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Large Rat

I understand the distrust a lot of people have towards LC. Sure, it's definitely open to corruption-whatever. But from my perspective it seems fair; and for me, that's enough. I have way more fun killing shit and hanging out with people to really care about what rogue got passed up on this BIS item, or what warrior is fucking raging because they didn't get the armor they wanted. Sorry you don't get an extra 15 HP dude, it's fucking heartbreaking I know.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Banned

love it or leave it is a piggish sentiment, PS officers
Closed Thread