Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-31-2023, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talk like players can't survive without it. Please. Fun to have but you do not need any of that armor. Also switching pants everytime you want to FD is annoying. Money is better spend on a pre nerf CoS or Crown then any Blood Ember. I never had mana issues even before I got a crown.
Blood Embers aren't crucial must-haves, though it doesn't seem like anyone was suggesting that. Blood Embers also aren't frivolous toys. They're a perk. Once the player can afford them, why not get them? SKs tend to know ahead of time when FD will be needed, but can also put them in the same easily identifiable bag so there isn't a frantic search for the clicky in emergencies. Sowed and training down into the Hole to reach mimics or fallen erudites? Swap in BE legs or keep them on cursor. Dragging corpses after a group wipe but LOM with pathing mobs all over? BE legs. Raid is wiping and OOM due to mana drain? BE legs again.
Last edited by Ennewi; 01-31-2023 at 02:22 PM..
Old 01-31-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blood Embers aren't crucial must-haves, though it doesn't seem like anyone was suggesting that. Blood Embers also aren't frivolous toys. They're a perk. Once the player can afford them, why not get them? SKs tend to know ahead of time when FD will be needed, but can also put them in the same easily identifiable bag so there isn't a frantic search for the clicky in emergencies. Sowed and training down into the Hole to reach mimics or fallen erudites? Swap in BE legs or keep them on cursor. Dragging corpses after a group wipe but LOM with pathing mobs all over? BE legs. Raid is wiping and OOM due to mana drain? BE legs again.
or you can afk and let the rogue do it, then go make a sammich. i prefer the sammich.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I am not sure where this weird idea comes from where people think we are saying you "can't survive" unless you have X item or racial. I have never claimed this, nor do I see other people doing so. We are simply discussing which perks are better, for people who care about that sort of thing. If you don't care, don't worry[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-31-2023, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or you can afk and let the rogue do it, then go make a sammich. i prefer the sammich.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-31-2023, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

For Raiding, the BE clickies are almost useless--once in a very blue moon BE legs will be clutch though. For Solo/group, it depends, but I'm maybe using gloves/legs a handful of times. If grouped, I'd probably have clarity and solo I am often in call of bones form so the mana savings are less a concern. They are all occasionally useful, but it's not like I use them all the time. In all settings, however, I do get hit a fuck ton, so extra Iksar AC would theoretically be tight, but idk how noticeable it would be.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For Raiding, the BE clickies are almost useless--once in a very blue moon BE legs will be clutch though. For Solo/group, it depends, but I'm maybe using gloves/legs a handful of times. If grouped, I'd probably have clarity and solo I am often in call of bones form so the mana savings are less a concern. They are all occasionally useful, but it's not like I use them all the time. In all settings, however, I do get hit a fuck ton, so extra Iksar AC would theoretically be tight, but idk how noticeable it would be.
Agreed. You are correct that in theory an Iksar is the best raiding race, due to them having the best mitigation possible, and you won't be using Blood Ember (or Greenmist) anyway.

However, Shadowknights are the worst raiding class in the game. You should never really be aiming to min/max a Shadowknight for raiding hehe. Blood Ember is going to be superior to Iksar mitigation and Greenmist in most solo/group situations. Solo/group is where you want to min/max as a Shadowknight.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Minmax SK is 8 10 slot bags full of bone chips for pet tracking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-31-2023, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

SK is somewhat limited, but also underrated. Great at tagging, can do train outs, can tank 32k stuff just fine, etc. For example, when lots of wanding is involved in a messy pull, sometimes the decisiveness of a nice shadow vortex works wonders. Unfortunately, most hybrid tanks want to be _tanks_ for velious raid mobs, which is generally _not_ on the menu.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK is somewhat limited, but also underrated. Great at tagging, can do train outs, can tank 32k stuff just fine, etc. For example, when lots of wanding is involved in a messy pull, sometimes the decisiveness of a nice shadow vortex works wonders. Unfortunately, most hybrid tanks want to be _tanks_ for velious raid mobs, which is generally _not_ on the menu.
I agree they are underrated. And they see a bit more play in VP, which is nice. I am just saying generally speaking SK's are scorned in raids. You are logging onto a guild bot more than doing SK specific things hehe. So I wouldn't recommend min/maxing for raiding, unless your dream is to specifically make the best SK raider there is.

The problem is Necromancers can pull in the same manner that SK's can, but they have access to Harmshield and DA Earring. That makes them the better option most of the time. Shadowknights would be MUCH stronger in raids if they had access to Harmshield, since they would basically just be a tankier Necro with more FDs. Un-nerfing lifetaps would help a ton too. They need to just nerf Ivandyrs Hoop instead of nerfing all lifetaps IMO.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-31-2023 at 07:22 PM..
Old 01-31-2023, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Harmshield and sight graft would be killer for sure, but death peace and general tankiness is a real advantage over necro for tagging/pulling in raid zones. Necros excel much more at bone walking and DA training. They don't really overlap in roles except for the occasional train away.