Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Collect other stuff as people boggle to figure out why you are investing so much effort into a ranger.
It's like putting a beefy car engine into an old Geo Metro.

You wanna see what will happen.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The formula is pretty solid. it mainly helps with deciding what to use and what to bid on when raiding. Comparing 1h to 2h is a bit iffy but you can kind of squint and get there.

Rangers it’s a bit confusing because access to 40% attack/25attack offhand is extremely easy. Going 2h is a bit weird and there are only two good ones outside Sleepers. If you can get one though it’s most likely better or on par with any BiS DW combination. There are some mobs where performance varies, or the stats or needed, or random chance puts one setup ahead of the other. But just plunk math on raid targets a cek or shovel is hard to beat reliably. Casting between swings, no damage shield or enrage woes is very nice.

Basically:
Get Swiftwind.
Hope to get a SEOC someday for nerd cred/utility/solo if not 60
Aim to get a SBOZ
Aim to upgrade to a solid ToV primary OR 2h.
Collect other stuff as people boggle to figure out why you are investing so much effort into a ranger.
That's fair lol, but we do parse above a lot of Monks and around rogues even non disc with good weapon setup and as much as rogue with disc. Still get all the utility and your progress point is on point its exactly how I went, sboz->nev claw->doze dagger-> kriezen flame, I use cek mostly now.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The formula is pretty solid. it mainly helps with deciding what to use and what to bid on when raiding. Comparing 1h to 2h is a bit iffy but you can kind of squint and get there.

Rangers it’s a bit confusing because access to 40% attack/25attack offhand is extremely easy. Going 2h is a bit weird and there are only two good ones outside Sleepers. If you can get one though it’s most likely better or on par with any BiS DW combination. There are some mobs where performance varies, or the stats or needed, or random chance puts one setup ahead of the other. But just plunk math on raid targets a cek or shovel is hard to beat reliably. Casting between swings, no damage shield or enrage woes is very nice.

Basically:
Get Swiftwind.
Hope to get a SEOC someday for nerd cred/utility/solo if not 60
Aim to get a SBOZ
Aim to upgrade to a solid ToV primary OR 2h.
Rangers are fun to gear!

You mention how 2hand is complicated by swiftwind. Rangers have a nice line of buff procs. Can’t these fire on offhand swings too? Further reason to look awesome with the lightning rod out.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Banned

What's a SEOC? I'm drawing a blank.

Two hander from somewhere?
Old 02-10-2023, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

The gem for earthcaller
Old 02-10-2023, 12:46 PM
Banned

ah right
Old 02-10-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

It is Innoruuk’s shattered heart.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-10-2023, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is Innoruuk’s shattered heart.
Did he break up with Fironia Vie?
Old 02-11-2023, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's fair lol, but we do parse above a lot of Monks and around rogues even non disc with good weapon setup and as much as rogue with disc. Still get all the utility and your progress point is on point its exactly how I went, sboz->nev claw->doze dagger-> kriezen flame, I use cek mostly now.
Yea my Silver Whip of Rage/Claw of Lighting is bagged now for the most part. Unless BFG'in for part of the fight. The Cek 2h holds up really nice. I know short fights but 113 npcs in posky with shiss I was #2 for total melee dmg. Not bad for a tryhard with a chip on his shoulder lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers are fun to gear!

You mention how 2hand is complicated by swiftwind. Rangers have a nice line of buff procs. Can’t these fire on offhand swings too? Further reason to look awesome with the lightning rod out.

I mainly just meant if you get 40% haste and attack for such an easy quest it makes it difficult to compare other 2h's. There are a few better ones which are obvious choices for raiders but not like someone is likely to use their trusty Woodsman. Even if it's "better" at say lvl 46 who's gonna be boring when you have a lightning sword to play with? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not sure the proc mechanics of call of sky/fire but they go off like all self-proc spells quite a bit higher than weapons. Probably 3x at least. They are very underrated for stopping casters.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

The ballin on a budget Ranger is SBoZ + Swiftwind and a Swarmcaller at the ready.