Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-16-2023, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubt swiftwind is better than earth shaker for archery.
For normal archery no, for disc bfg yes.
Old 02-18-2023, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubt swiftwind is better than earth shaker for archery.
Yea for plunkquest no way Swiftwind beats the 56 damage bonus instead of 11. I don’t know the effect of the attack but it’s not 45 extra per hit.

Quick bows are better with a 2h too but the number of arrows you need to last a disc let alone a long raid fight are insane. I only bow down Lucan with my Dagarn since he’s has low hps and almost every hit is a damage bonus one.
Old 02-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Man, it’s generally not great for anything but small groups and soloing, but in that instance, it’s leaps and bounds better than Swarmcaller/Wurmslayer. It’s damage is a good deal better than Wurmy, and you don’t have to worry about an additional haste item when using a Swarmcaller. Not to mention the attack on the Swiftwind just compounds how much better it is not having to take it off just for a slow proc.

I can’t even explain how much easier and more fun soloing got once I snagged my Earthcaller. Plus it looks cool as hell.
Old 02-18-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, it’s generally not great for anything but small groups and soloing, but in that instance, it’s leaps and bounds better than Swarmcaller/Wurmslayer. It’s damage is a good deal better than Wurmy, and you don’t have to worry about an additional haste item when using a Swarmcaller. Not to mention the attack on the Swiftwind just compounds how much better it is not having to take it off just for a slow proc.

I can’t even explain how much easier and more fun soloing got once I snagged my Earthcaller. Plus it looks cool as hell.
I had earthcaller and still used sboz from 46-60, the dps out weighed the random procs on just normal exp grinding, it only shines really on low man content where ya have no other slow, ie: juggs duo with a cleric .
Old 02-18-2023, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Or almost every Aary where 15 seconds into the encounter raid leaders are asking for people to try and slow proc it. Or pretanking Klandi with WS.

There are actually a lot of raid fights that a ranger can help with a proc. Every proc resist met with a jolt keeps you pretty aggro neutral.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Swarmcaller is for the poor, Earthcaller is for the ballers. If ya don’t got it, you’re prob mad about it. Just sayin
Old 02-18-2023, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or almost every Aary where 15 seconds into the encounter raid leaders are asking for people to try and slow proc it. Or pretanking Klandi with WS.

There are actually a lot of raid fights that a ranger can help with a proc. Every proc resist met with a jolt keeps you pretty aggro neutral.
You have raid full of DSM shamans if they can't do the aary slow , rangers should be bopping it.

/GU Aaryonar in 497s, 425k @855 | Shoeshineboy 31465@(66 in 472s) | Phillip 24982@(53 in 470s) | Scian 24574@(51 in 473s) | Ripqozko 21916@(50 in 435s) | Lisson 21106@(47 in 444s) | Pulz 20502@(44 in 461s) | Gatruk 20476@(46 in 436s) | Enviee 19119@(43 in 441s) | Cattiebree 18603@(42 in 436s) | Simorgh 16999@(36 in 461s) | Satsugai 16042@(37 in 426s) | Kushnada 15302@(32 in 475s) | Choamsky 15151@(38 in 392s) | Joraah 14458@(31 in 465s) | Zogaguk 13400@(30 in 440s)
Old 02-19-2023, 07:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had earthcaller and still used sboz from 46-60, the dps out weighed the random procs on just normal exp grinding, it only shines really on low man content where ya have no other slow, ie: juggs duo with a cleric .
Don’t agree at all. I had a SBoZ as well while leveling mine, and the Earthcaller cut down my downtime so much. Solo grinding became so much easier and more efficient.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t agree at all. I had a SBoZ as well while leveling mine, and the Earthcaller cut down my downtime so much. Solo grinding became so much easier and more efficient.
proc is too random for me, its great when you need a slow, but just grinding if you proc at 10% the mob would of already been dead with a sboz, depends on what ya fight i guess. its just niche for me, i use it when its needed but thats pretty rare.
Old 02-19-2023, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
proc is too random for me, its great when you need a slow, but just grinding if you proc at 10% the mob would of already been dead with a sboz, depends on what ya fight i guess. its just niche for me, i use it when its needed but thats pretty rare.
I mean it’s definitely all about RNG. But I found over the course of an hours solo grinding session I would get far more kills in with the epic. It’s not a make or break item, but for me, it made grinding way more efficient. I pretty much exclusively solo’d to 60 and it just made things so much faster for me. Different strokes I guess.