Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-20-2019, 08:51 PM
Kobold

Default Meditate Button is Solid Black

My Meditate button in my spellbook is completely solid black and i cant tell if its depressed or not. If i open my book and press it though i do indeed med, so its just a graphic bug. My spellbook is the normal original book. I think i did make it black once and didnt like it so put the texture back on and didnt have an issue with my med button then, i would have done that last week and this just started a few days ago. Ive tried every solution that i found searching on the fourmns. At this point i completely deleted and uninstalled everything Everquest from my PC and started over. Still no luck. I will try to logon my wifes laptop in a minute and see if it does it there. My other toons Meditate buttons still show up. Ive done everything i can think of Disk Cleanup, Clearing RAM Cache, etc.... Any ideas?
Old 11-20-2019, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Try /loadskin 1
Old 11-20-2019, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Have done that multiple times. Havent tried since i reinstalled everything so ill give it anohter shot.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Nope, still solid black. It seems like a mechanic with the UI and changing the book to tinted black then back to texture. My Med button was still there when i did that but a few days later the button suddenly went black. Ill try logging in on the wifes laptop later and see if it does it on hers so maybe its server side?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:47 AM
Large Rat

I have this issue too. I have 2 characters and only one of them have the issue. I also had messed with background textures and alpha levels at one point and that's when it started to show black.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:17 AM
Kobold

I found my UI_Charname_P1999Teal file and deleted it, this fixed my problem. I hope this helps others as i pulled my hair out for days!
Old 11-21-2019, 10:19 AM
Kobold

I dont know exactly where the file was located, i had to do a search on my computer. Search for

UI_Asos(or your name)-_P1999Teal

Delete that file. It saves where windows are located on screen and colors, etc... delete that and i bet it will fix it for you! Good luck and let me know if it works.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

Is there a way to fix this without deleting your UI? That will take forever to set up again. I'd rather just live with a black button, lol.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:14 PM
Large Bat

Annotation 2020-02-26 130745.jpg

I figured it out. Just open your UI_Name_P1999Green.ini file. Where it says Name it should be your character's name. Just find where it says [SpellBookWind] and delete that section.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Orc

None of these suggestions have helped
Any others?