Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Torp can't be interrupt or Pell?
Old 05-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Orc

Oooold thread but I have to throw in my 2 cents.

Skilled shaman wins this fight all day in a long drawn out 1v1. I’m surprised no one mentioned range kiting, the secret sauce that allows a shaman to beat every caster (or at least gate when losing).
Shaman runs from druid, druid chases, shaman stops at max range starts casting pumice/ebolt/whatever, druid stops starts his cast, shamans spell lands and before druid cast gets off, shaman is out of range, and pet is right there. This works on 99% of retail pvpers and about 80% of the people here.

In fact, I saw Dragonbait do it to a druid in RM once. I was trying to oor heal and trade spam to save the druid, but he just kept chasing until he was toast.

Druid cannot do this in reverse however. Because the shaman can always back up dispell his pet and rush in for a slam /pumice rush.

Great druid can still catch the shaman napping, and in group pvp has so many more tools other than being an immortal heal/buffbot.

One on one, you would have to be a god tier pvper or just an idiot to claim druids can even go 50/50 against shammies
Old 05-09-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

torp can outheal shitty druid dots

and all the while they are spamming bane
Old 05-18-2020, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

there was some gnome wizard from flowers of happines i think, he also got me
Was it a friendly wizard, porting for clarity?
Old 06-06-2020, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

The only way a druid can beat a shaman is if he runs them OOM.
A shaman should try to force melee as quickly as possible, this puts pressure on the druid to force heals out as a wolf pet + shaman melee + slam interrupts can quickly put a druid on the defensive.

If the druid has a powerful summoned pet up, it should give him the edge, this is because the shaman is forced to root the pet first(assuming the druid buff stacked and charmed to prevent 1 cast charm dispel).

This basically means the druid can now root/snare the shaman pet, and then focus on curing any dots on the shaman while trying to deep stack some good MR dots buy loading the weaker ones on first(less mana lost if dispelled).

It's definitely a back and forth style of battle, but the druid is at a disadvantage (in my opinion), as they are simply a weaker dueling class vs. the shaman without a charmed pet. This means it requires situational preparation by the druid to match the Shamans power.

If we are talking Kunark era, I have to say the Shaman is significantly more powerful IF they have torpor. Torpors heal is absolutely nuts for a druid to try and burst through, the shaman can probably just /pet attack and chain pell the druid with torpor back stacked and then click off a few junk buffs to take care of any drifting death etc...

Fun topic and reminded me of a lot of VZTZ fights.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it a friendly wizard, porting for clarity?

hehe nop, met him in oot and after some trashtalks he wanted to show me, so he did xd

cant remember the name but pretty sure it was from Flowers of Happines

oh good ol times. really had a blast on this server back in the day, even with all the toxic shit with nihilum nizzar azrael hokuten and all that bullshit, we were like fucking teenagers, but it was hella fun.

shoutout to domingueros of norrath also : ) hope everyone is doing good and hopefully we will have another classic red server sometime in the future.
Last edited by DRAGONBAIT; 06-27-2020 at 02:50 AM..
Old 06-27-2020, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torp can't be interrupt or Pell?

this i do not know but it should be pellable i guess
Old 06-27-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this i do not know but it should be pellable i guess
I think Torpor might be classified as disease based so I might have that wrong, someone will answer hopefully. I only got Torpor a year into kunark on VZTZ on my shaman and it was so glorious, my monk shaman could camp so much more shit than before it was absurd.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Rockandtroll I have screenshots on my imgur of killing you bud. I dont ever recall you killing me. We always chatted and even the last time i killed you i let you come loot your corpse without having to call LNS. Not sure if you got me confused.... Yeah i didnt have the best gear at the time but I had levels on you. OOT was my zone, only person that i had trouble with was Uuruks mage because he water danced all day long with epic pets, more annoying than anything.... he got below 10 % once but got away..

inb4 he posts pics of his rogue killing me after offering a port and smoking when i ported so he could disc backstab and be so happy he got ss's of killing me when i was just being nice.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:58 PM
Kobold

or tacosmasher or whoevers fucking red robe epic mage