Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could.. you know.. provide some parses supporting your arguments instead of just coming in here, asking for opinions, and then saying everyone is wrong because they disagree with you.

the reason most monks use epic + SoS over AC + SoS is that epic+sos parses higher and provides more consistent dmg output mostly due to the lower delay on epic fist. you may get some outlier parses with AC where you get max rolls on all of your MH hits, but over time epic + SoS is certainly going to win out.

after you get epic, literally the only reason to be using AC in MH is for the stun proc.
I did back it up with theoretical calculations. I intend to do some parses because I am genuinely interested in the results.

I would love to hear what people are getting with an average parse of the AC vs epic. 10% increase? 5%? 1%

I'm not saying people are wrong because they disagree with me, I'm saying that they *might be* wrong based on the calculations. Disagree with the calcs or provide your own personal parsing experiences [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now those calculations/assumptions very well might be wrong and I would love to have them critiqued.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

This is a tired and SUPER old discussion. Epic / SoS is better when you go through all the numbers, pretty sure a dozen or more monks have parsed this. Just look around at every epic monk you see that isn't rocking raid weapons and you will see epic / sos more often than not.

If everyone is telling you one thing is true, good chance it is. Just because some brain dead morons tell you Game of Thrones is shit doesn't make it true, kinda the biggest thing going on so MAYBE it's actually good??

You're call, but you're going to be wasting your time.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a tired and SUPER old discussion. Epic / SoS is better when you go through all the numbers, pretty sure a dozen or more monks have parsed this. Just look around at every epic monk you see that isn't rocking raid weapons and you will see epic / sos more often than not.

If everyone is telling you one thing is true, good chance it is. Just because some brain dead morons tell you Game of Thrones is shit doesn't make it true, kinda the biggest thing going on so MAYBE it's actually good??

You're call, but you're going to be wasting your time.
While i agree with you on this one point, there are probably parses that back up the epic/sos being the best, The logic of "everyone says its true so it must be" is a fallacy... Look at religion.... Just because the majority of people believe there is a dude in the clouds playing dungeon master, does not mean its true.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 05-16-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Forgetting about numbers/mitigation for a sec, do you want to see a badass monk bubble fist graphic, or a splintering club.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgetting about numbers/mitigation for a sec, do you want to see a badass monk bubble fist graphic, or a splintering club.
Haha, touche!
Old 05-16-2019, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While i agree with you on this one point, there are probably parses that back up the epic/sos being the best, The logic of "everyone says its true so it must be" is a fallacy... Look at religion.... Just because the majority of people believe there is a dude in the clouds playing dungeon master, does not mean its true.
Oh I agree and understand your point. Basically what I was getting at is if for the last 7 years or however long Kunark and therefore epics have been around, the majority of monks are running around with epic / sos , it probably means that it's actually the best combo. I just may have not used the correct analogy (people who don't watch GoT are doing themselves a disservice) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

So, assuming an even distribution in damage for the ratio, is the damage bonus added after that? Should I be dividing the ratio/strength/skill portion of the damage by 2 THEN adding in the damage bonus before dividing everything by the delay?

The individual mob mitigation makes this more difficult to figure out obviously. I need to start doing some parses. Is Captain Boshinko always level 40? Maybe I'll go do an AFK camp on him with both combinations, doing an hour camp on each one.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I agree and understand your point. Basically what I was getting at is if for the last 7 years or however long Kunark and therefore epics have been around, the majority of monks are running around with epic / sos , it probably means that it's actually the best combo. I just may have not used the correct analogy (people who don't watch GoT are doing themselves a disservice) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors for a long time were stacking HP to maximize CH. At one point, they realized that if they stacked AC instead (during the time of augments) that they would be able to survive longer between CH's and have less damage spike deaths.

The vast majority of people out there don't parse themselves and just do whatever someone else suggests.

I'm also trying to figure out what the correct damage formula is....
Old 05-16-2019, 05:39 PM
Kobold

The correct formula is 2019-1999 = fuck your calculations
Old 05-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

May not be the answer you are looking for but here is a useful tool when comparing monk weapons https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nxk/edit#gid=0
Closed Thread