Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 02:57 AM
Aviak

Default About camp mobs rules

Wonder how it counts with this "playstyle" many chanters have, clear mobs then zone and come back... like chardok for an example. I dont mind but just curius how to think if problem should accure

2. Help understanding what constitutes a 'camp'.

The definitions below are not absolute and Project 1999 Staff will not be defining what constitutes every "camp". All examples blow are just that, examples. Instead, Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will arbitrate spawn disputes on a per-case-basis. We greatly encourage players to find their own resolution to spawn disputes, as the solution provided by the staff will at best be a win-lose situation, and possibly a lose-lose situation. No two decisions, even at the same 'camp', are guaranteed to be the same, as we will take into account multiple factors in making a determination on a 'camp'.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

I guess you refer mainly to the chanters clearing PHs in Chardok and gating to repeat.

If you are to 100% follow the guidelines; the camp is left open the second the chanter gates.

However, this is a common play stile in Chardok and anyone wanting to force this down on a given chanter is just actively searching for a dispute.

Anyways, when chanters do this, they often clear more than just one PH, and if you want to camp either of the PHs, just ask cc and they should only pick one and you can chose from the rest. This is how chanters in between sort camps in Chardok drama-free.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:18 AM
Fire Giant

I'm heavily in favor of it, so much good loot from such a poorly tuned zone, that thankfully still enters the market thanks to braindead enchanter zombies bombing dictates.

And none of them care if you want to go and camp something in my experience. But why would you when the zone is an utter shithole for mob ac/hp/atk power/resists/aggro ranges for any conventional group.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are to 100% follow the guidelines; the camp is left open the second the chanter gates.
That is incorrect: gating doesn't make you lose a camp, unless you gate out of the zone. Your camp (ie. a mob you killed, or killed the placeholder for) is your camp ... until one of two things happens:
  • you give it up (eg. by leaving the zone, dying, or letting the mob respawn and not re-killing it within a "reasonable" amount of time)
  • someone else says "I see you are doing multiple camps, but I'd like to do one and this server forces everyone to share: please pick one to keep"; at that point one of the camps you don't claim can be claimed by that person (and the rest become FTE)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

I made the mistake thinking this was obvious;

When a chanter gates after dictating the PH, the chanter leaves the zone. Thats the way it is commonly done.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made the mistake thinking this was obvious;

When a chanter gates after dictating the PH, the chanter leaves the zone. Thats the way it is commonly done.
Ok, in that case it's crystal clear: you leave the zone (or /camp), you lose all claims to all mobs/camps. I don't think there's any ambiguity on that in the rules whatsoever there.

However, at the same time, I just want to emphasize that if you're going to get in a camp dispute with someone, and involve a GM, you want to be sure you're truly in the right. If you only suspect that someone gated out in-between their last kill, and you "KS" the Enchanter, you could wind up being the one in trouble.

So, definitely talk to the Enchanter, and say something like "I've been checking /who regularly and I saw you leave, so I know you have no claim to this mob, therefore I'm planning to race you for FTE once the mob spawns (since neither of us has a claim to it)". And then if they beat you to the FTE, you can claim a different camp ... but the really key thing is to always communicate and always be certain the other person broke the rules (don't just assume that because they're a Chanter in Chardok doing multiple camps that they gated between them).

P.S. And of course, if at all possible, try and solve things through talking to the other player, and not involving staff. It's safer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-20-2020 at 02:10 PM..
Old 05-21-2020, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, in that case it's crystal clear: you leave the zone (or /camp), you lose all claims to all mobs/camps. I don't think there's any ambiguity on that in the rules whatsoever there.

However, at the same time, I just want to emphasize that if you're going to get in a camp dispute with someone, and involve a GM, you want to be sure you're truly in the right. If you only suspect that someone gated out in-between their last kill, and you "KS" the Enchanter, you could wind up being the one in trouble.

So, definitely talk to the Enchanter, and say something like "I've been checking /who regularly and I saw you leave, so I know you have no claim to this mob, therefore I'm planning to race you for FTE once the mob spawns (since neither of us has a claim to it)". And then if they beat you to the FTE, you can claim a different camp ... but the really key thing is to always communicate and always be certain the other person broke the rules (don't just assume that because they're a Chanter in Chardok doing multiple camps that they gated between them).

P.S. And of course, if at all possible, try and solve things through talking to the other player, and not involving staff. It's safer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If a mob is camp is down and the zone is empty I need to FTE it to claim it? i.e. If I show up to Stormfeather and no one is in IC, SF is now an FTE race?

Presumably if the camp was partially cleared I could clear the remaining mobs to claim it, but if the whole camp is down I can't claim it until something pops and I get FTE?

Honest question, I've never really put much thought into it.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Technically, yes. If A) you did not kill the mob last, it doesn't matter if B) you have waited an hour for that mob to respawn, and C) someone else shows up one minute before: by the server rules you both have equal claim, so whoever engages the mob first gets it.

Now in practice, if I show up somewhere and see a person sitting there waiting for the mob to spawn, and I don't know who killed the mob last, I personally (and likely many players also) am likely to assume that the person who looks like they are camping the mob, actually is (and killed it last). But if I really wanted that camp, I might ask the person if I have a chance at it.

P.S. IMPORTANT CAVEAT: I'm just one player offering an opinion/interpretation of the official rules: the Play Nice Policies. But whatever any players say (in the forum or in the wiki), the staff can ignore them; they only have to follow the PNP by their intepretation.

Last edited by loramin; 05-21-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

• you give it up (eg. by leaving the zone, dying, or letting the mob respawn and not re-killing it within a "reasonable" amount of time)
  • someone else says "I see you are doing multiple camps, but I'd like to do one and this server forces everyone to share: please pick one to keep"; at that point one of the camps you don't claim can be claimed by that person (and the rest become FTE)
[/QUOTE]

So what qualifies as a reasonable amount of time? If I make my way to a camp and the PH is up, how long does it have to be up in order to claim it?
Old 05-29-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what qualifies as a reasonable amount of time? If I make my way to a camp and the PH is up, how long does it have to be up in order to claim it?
That's the million dollar question, and one that the staff deliberately refuses to answer (even though personally I think doing so would lower conflicts, not increase them). Enough time that you can be certain no one else owns it, so that if you're wrong and they petition you're not worried about getting into trouble.

Of course sometimes (eg. if there's no one else in zone, or no one else of the appropriate level) you don't have to worry about this.

Closed Thread