Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Default Paineel Lift/Hole Key etiquette.

Is there a consensus to this?

I'm generally for helping people, especially for CR's

It's boring but very easy to raise faction on kobolds, and unlike say Velious faction, that might bounce up and down, you only have to do it once.

People often beg to be let in, and then out, of Paineel or ask you to come do the hole door for them.

If you are high enough level for the hole you can easily blast your way to apprehensive faction with heretics, it's worth having somewhere to bank and shop anyway.

It's gotten worse with the exp boost change for the hole.

It's annoying and fiddly to leave the city, not fall down the hole and run over and back.

And to be cynical you could probably kill 4 skeletons and get 40 plat in that time so there's actually an oppurtunity cost to it, as well as the exp. You also risk someone stealing your camp while you are gone.

In practice when I get asked I generally still go. But I'm kind of annoyed because I kinda feel like if I had to faction for ages why don't you?

It's not like a 24hr spawn where people with jobs and lives struggle, you can chip away at faction in bursts.

But then I feel like an asshole for thinking that.

What say y'all?
Old 06-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

No you make really good points. I think a lot of people don't realize how easily it can be done. Some players are also just lazy and feel like its easier to just ask someone.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Kobold

"Can you open the door?"

"Someone opened the door for me, bro. Sorry."
Old 06-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Kobold

I paid a level 4 erudite 100p to let me into the city, show me the way to the bank and the key vendor. Then I used sneak to buy the key
Old 06-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I paid a level 4 erudite 100p to let me into the city, show me the way to the bank and the key vendor. Then I used sneak to buy the key
That's smart and yeah only a sociopath would have trouble with a one off request like that.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Can you open the door?"

"Someone opened the door for me, bro. Sorry."
Literally just got there and /tell oh someone just came out....

fuuuu
Old 06-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

In the past, I've had access to a hole key lowbie alt account that was shared. If you know anyone you can trust it's not a bad option, especially since it's a low investment and low risk. Someone you trust will just have to log on to open the door for you.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past, I've had access to a hole key lowbie alt account that was shared. If you know anyone you can trust it's not a bad option, especially since it's a low investment and low risk. Someone you trust will just have to log on to open the door for you.
That's pretty genius, you have all the answers today Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

People tend to help our lowbies or nice players but assuming people will ever help can leave someone bored and annoyed.

It never hurts to carry dots on you. Want a ride up? Find a level a level 3 who wants to make 50p with a mouse click. Don’t heckle your guild or random people in tells. With less than an hour of grinding and ignite bones cast in a duel anyone can get a lift key. Killing level 5’s at level 50 is fairly easy.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Have you ever done Kobold for faction? Killing 1500 of them for Apprehensive feels like you have to kill 10,000 of them. I have done faction runs for myself several times and still Paineel guards scowl at me.
Closed Thread