Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

we alrdy have a leaderboard and still low pop

also great/amazing post by HPT agree 1200%
Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Item loot in Everquest is just awful. Crap is too damn hard to camp/quest for to lose because you have to afk to get the door or something. It just caters to naked casters like everyone says, and I always play casters. Same with experience loss. Exp in classic eq is slow as hell. Loss of exp on death sucks so you try your best to not die. Most people don't have pocket rezzes anywhere they want it. Good pvp environment means people need to die, a lot.
The great thing about teams pvp is you really don't need incentive to kill someone. He's an enemy so he needs to die and get out of my zone. That's all the incentive I need. I played exclusively on the pvp servers back in the day. I remember a few changes that were actually good. That Shadowrest zone, pvp rez effects that made it pretty much impossible to bind rush at least for like 15-20 minutes. Don't remember exact effects but just make no mana, snared, and maybe drastic reduction in stats so melee is worthless. I think what killed pvp in EQ was as pve mobs scaled up and up, so did spells/weapons but also resists. Pre-60 a caster was great, post 60 being a caster was stop, cast for 5 seconds (hoping melee was dumb or not paying attention), nuke resisted, melee hits autoattack and hits you for more than that resisted spell would've even did.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Exp death worked great on SZ. Put it back in.

PvPing without any fear of losing something is pretty lame.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp death worked great on SZ. Put it back in.

PvPing without any fear of losing something is pretty lame.
Yeah I wish pvp had something to lose like my money, my time, and being corpse camped out of wherever I was. If only!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned

It only worked on SZ because it was an RP sever and you could out level the griefers and still get revenge on them.

Shadowrest and corpse summoning encouraged mass pvp. People didn't feel like they would get bind rushed and it made everyone got to a zone far away and wait out a rez timer. It made contesting camps actually matter.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just came up with a weird idea here.
What if you would have res effect say 10 mins after taking a PvP death.
Very good idea. 30 minutes would be too much. 10 to 15 would be a great idea.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

HPT i like your crystals idea. only thing is instead of straight plat (rewarding pve poopsocks with even more pvp power) i'd try to make it more pvp focused. (as you described it, with the plat-to-crystal method, everyone would just buy their crystal-gear immediately after buying their crystals, giving no chance to actually loot ppl's crystals, only the resulting items)

make it so that you initially can buy up to 10 crystals. once you hit 10 crystals, you cannot get any more from the vendor. the rest you have to pvp for. ALSO mke it so you can ONLY buy crystals in a pack of 10. and make 1 or 2 minor pvp items sell for 6 or 7 crystals, so ppl can at least buy a couple things to try and get a leg up.

by leaving the cost at 6 or 7, it means this guy's going to at least have a couple crystals left over that ppl can get from him when they kill him. but he'll probably want to max out again at 10 so he can lewt more of other ppl's crystals (if he can afford the extra cost of topping up, that is).

i'm liking this crystal thing more than item loot. because it is essentially an "opt in" item loot, plat sink for the economy, and only "clickies" or expendable items will be lost if they get lewted. so ppl can't really cry about grief.

only thing is the items can't be too overpowered, and i think most should still be attainable (but rare) in-game. So you could get a conflag wand from Hate (still wiz-only), or you could use PVP POWER CRYSTALS! YEA! (still wiz only). both versions should be lootable imo.. but then the system would not be completely opt-in, so whatev.

hardest part of this crystals thing would be pricing items and coming up with things that were fair to put in-game. which i think is definitely doable.

nilbog, do you like this pseudo item-loot/pvp points system? im thinking it looks pretty good. i know die-hards want "real" item loot, but that is just too griefy.

or we could just make rings and necklace lootable (INCLUDING BAGS), and call it a day :P
Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'm curious as to who are the people getting bindrushed here? It's not really hard to kill a naked melee and casters have to sit and med to full with no food/water before traveling back to get their body.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

I am all for non primary hands slot item loot.
With teams this seems like incredible fun and more fair.

Fixes a huge issue not even mentioned ..... twinks....
I loved fighting peoples twinks for the slim chance i could kill them and get some sweet gear.

Would provide a real sense of comradery for newer players.

I am 80% casual player.
I would be extremely cautious when i used my real gear.
I would love fighting other peoples twinks for chance of sweet loot.

Again... this fixes twinks for the most part.
This makes quest items more valuable.

Makes EQ thrilling and so fun.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Aviak

Rallos style item loot pls.

Or FV + RZ rules with the ability to bind certain items to yourself for plat.
Closed Thread