Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Played on Rallos for years starting in 99.
I lost my fair share of items, but also gained a fair share of items. Usuaully what I lost though was some stupid shit gear that I cared little for because I didnt try and grief people all day in OP gear. If anything, requiring others to bag some of there best items leveled the playing fields for casual players including myself. Never once on RZ was I in a full group and have one person in full twink gear grief us all night long. It required them to be mostly naked and hence a lot easier for us to kill so he could not grief us 24/7 and waste our time.

I just watched a podcast of Sirken and he described end game pvp as "Wanting to kill the opposition and teabag there corpse or whatever they do." That had me fucking rofling. Sounds like a giant, there is no point to EQ pvp at the moment.

Its not a utopian view, I realize I will also lose items. I am just saying that I want a level playing field not full of twink bullshits who spend their entire day griefing others with no chance or reason to fight back. On item loot server even the twinks will think twice before attacking people in there ridiculously overpowered gear.

And Kergan you are talking about end game where 95% of the 500 players on the first day never got to because others who powerleveled to 50 to grief them wasted so much of the casuals time they said fuck it and never looked back. The endgame you are talking about will have more no drop gear anyways so a lot of people will be geared. I am talking about the people who get griefed off the server before they even hit level 30 or 40. Which is constantly due to no counter to low level twink bs. I am talking about the decline from 400-500 players down to 100-200.
Last edited by Crenshinabon; 02-11-2014 at 04:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I am in 100% agreement about the low level griefing. But you're using a sledgehammer to kill a fly recommending item loot to solve it.

I'm probably going to hate myself in the morning after saying this but why not just add killing players under level 40 with excessively twinked characters to the PNP rules? Impossible to enforce maybe, but if you leave the rule vague enough and put it under GM discretion the handful of truly bad offenders will stop (Mrbigs).
Old 02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Banned

dude kergan stop posting seek help
Closed Thread