Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Default How twinking ruins EQ, and a solution.

I had to spark this topic up again everyone.

The whole twink mechanic, gear up a low level character in gear they should not have yet, is overall degrading to any server. On a PVP server this affect is amplified by having twinks be able to kill every newer character they see.

Overall having twinks is not a bad thing. It is great to have a high level character be able to have fun farming things for an alt to own stuff on.

That said I am bringing up ITEM LOOT. Rallos had a natural balance to a twink. Let me give an example :

Currently on 99Red (non item loot) the "griefers" will twink their alt and begin to destroy new characters and fight other twinks. The new characters, wanting to level to have a chance, will then run away trying to disengage from pvp so they can stop wasting time to be able to level again to even have a chance.

With item loot, if a twink player is attacking me or my group, NOW there is a REASON to kill him!! I WILL FIGHT HIM AND KILL HIM FOR HIS EPIC LOOTS!! Alas, I will probably die and lose my leather vest or possibly my lockjaw hide vest. But i will try!

In a group settings this is even more amplified. If my group is getting harassed with no item loot, we want to move on. The griefer is not going to stop griefing until we move on. Log off, or leave the area.

With item loot, your group will want to KILL the griefer. If you kill him and he loses some decent gear he will STOP. If my group must, we will bag our best gear and try to KILL HIM BACK! He is a twink and has epic level loot compare to my common items!

Item loot give meaning and purpose to pvp. Devs ... Nilbog, I know you will want this.
Great change will peek curiosities and they will come.

Love,
Neal
Old 02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Banned

tldr twinking is classic
Old 02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Banned

Epic WoW playing faggots won't have classic pvp mechanics here
Old 02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

all i see here is, item loot please.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Doesn't PnP force the griefer to leave the area for an hour if you kill him? If you can't kill him now, how are you going to do it better when he's looted an item from every member of your group?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Banned

dont have to leave
Old 02-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont have to leave
You don't have to leave the area you were just pvp killed in?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Aviak

I pvp'ed Lange (~30 Ranger) on my Enchanter (34, bad geared and all went into charisma = small manapool).

Lange just resisted almost everything till i was oom, i got him to like 80%, started to zonedance a while till i got an gate off.

Itemloot would just change, that the twinked chars get even more loot and the newbs loose the bit they have. Because it's simply not really possible to kill half naked an decked out twink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaakglith12194 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to leave the area you were just pvp killed in?
Not if he does not call LNS
Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Item loot doesn't fix twinks, and it allows twink pks to grief people with less gear and make them even worse.

Most pk twinks have either no drop gear or they kill themselves rather than be looted (spammed manastones).

TLDR You're never going to loot a fungi tunic.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread