Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Yea Jestuh got an insane amount and no one else really mattered with where I'm at. I was basing what would be fair off his DKP. And given he had less than myself at AM's dissolution, 0 wasn't a fair offer and gave me a bad gut feeling. Since then other amounts were thrown like 150 which seemed more like a not serious token offer.

Much of the Aftermath leadership wasn't appreciative of me even during my time in the guild. So yes, that sentiment does play in. A time when the officers all decided to loot council a roll I'd already won to one of Detoxx's bots for favor comes to mind. Since that, I didn't feel respected but I continued on because there was no other option to continue playing the game.

And sadly that's where this server is headed for the common raider. In my time in AM Detoxx willfully ignored server rules only once, a time he told Ralug to engage Eashan while the current target was at 2%. Nowadays it's just a common occurence. Vulak blurs, intentional trains on another guild's bots, Tunare delink exploits, unwillingess to concede even the most blatent infractions. All for some sense of revenge I guess. I'd sooner go Naethyn's route and not play at all than play under the Sedyt 2.0 that Detoxx has found to lead his alliance.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

So a combination of delusion and revisionist history.. nice. Have fun with your new guild.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

FWIW Riot isn't great either, but for different reasons.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a combination of delusion and revisionist history.. nice. Have fun with your new guild.
My intention wasn't to troll Nexii.

For what it's worth. It sounds like AMs dkp wasn't worth much and neither is Freedoms.

Now ppl will invest in another guild.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah. With it being winter and the rona still killing folks, there are worse ways to kill time than shit posting about drama on an elf sim forum.
You could write the reee petitions, then they may actually read like an adult wrote them instead of an 8 year old.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW Riot isn't great either, but for different reasons.
What reasons, I'm genuinely curious.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

There always seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding when people have negative perceptions of another entity and it's clear to me that there are some fundamental misunderstandings in regards to Freedom in this thread.

I'll just stick to the DKP one for now:

As someone who assisted in the math for the DKP transfers, I can attest to the fact that we squished the top end of the DKP numbers and raised the tail for everyone that was going to start with little to nothing at a reasonable amount so no one was left empty-handed. Using the data we had available that spanned from AM through AG, we predicted values for what made sense for the start of the new system. 150 got you a third to a half of a Ring 10, a BIS Vindi BP, a significant number of TOV items, and was more than a reasonable amount of DKP that if you did any amount of work in the guild you could easily jet up the ranks within a month or two. We regularly inspect our DKP structure to ensure we aren't suffering from major inflation, which thus far has been pretty well managed. Is it perfect? no, but it is a system that within just a few months we see a pretty good distribution of DKP earnt/spent that is normalized through the membership.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I founded AM and I didn't get 150dkp, where do I channel my feels
Old 01-28-2021, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There always seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding when people have negative perceptions of another entity and it's clear to me that there are some fundamental misunderstandings in regards to Freedom in this thread.

I'll just stick to the DKP one for now:

As someone who assisted in the math for the DKP transfers, I can attest to the fact that we squished the top end of the DKP numbers and raised the tail for everyone that was going to start with little to nothing at a reasonable amount so no one was left empty-handed. Using the data we had available that spanned from AM through AG, we predicted values for what made sense for the start of the new system. 150 got you a third to a half of a Ring 10, a BIS Vindi BP, a significant number of TOV items, and was more than a reasonable amount of DKP that if you did any amount of work in the guild you could easily jet up the ranks within a month or two. We regularly inspect our DKP structure to ensure we aren't suffering from major inflation, which thus far has been pretty well managed. Is it perfect? no, but it is a system that within just a few months we see a pretty good distribution of DKP earnt/spent that is normalized through the membership.
Yea that's all fine and no one expects a 100% transfer for those reasons. 100% would mean no new players would enter the guild due to the old school players having insurmountable DKP. However the 0% offer wasn't fair either. From my perspective, Jestuh had that kind of hopelessly insurmountable lead.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea that's all fine and no one expects a 100% transfer for those reasons. 100% would mean no new players would enter the guild due to the old school players having insurmountable DKP. However the 0% offer wasn't fair either. From my perspective, Jestuh had that kind of hopelessly insurmountable lead.
If you were actually getting 0, I can't speak to that. But, if it was 150, it wasn't 0. It's a huge gap between Jestuh's points and 150, sure. But, there are people that started around the 300-400 mark, who have lower raid attendance than Jestuh, and within five months including spending 800-900 DKP are above where Jestuh started. This means that player has just as much ability to spend as Jestuh could at the beginning, which will buy nearly any item in our guild as Loke ponited out. Maybe that's an outlier, but it's not a hopeless venture, especially if you consider yourself an active raider. That's the same thing everyone feels when they join a raid guild and start from the bottom, but our bottom was not 0, meaning you had something to spend. Whether or not you can actually close the gap between Jestuh is a different story, but he's looking for only two or three items in the game and you can be sure that whatever he spends it will not keep him in the lead for very long.

Considering our approach was a combination of equality and equity adjustments I think we did a decent job and I'm sorry you don't feel that way about it.
Closed Thread