Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Old 11-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as you don't mind going without one since stuff on a /list is 1 per character so if you get a manastone on a character you won't be able to get a 2nd 1 on that character.
It's a one week lockout. You could literally /list on a manastone once a week for seven months if you wanted to.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never had any interest in killing guards too. I always thought it was a pvp thing.Seems to me it gonna hurt too much faction to bother with it.I will probably be call a carebear for telling you that but I got thick skin.
If you like to RP you can still do guards: Troll guards are great plat when you get high enough for them.

But really:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way to make plat is to make more levels.
is absolutely true. That's just how the original devs made the game.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Though one thing I always found funny is it’s usually easier to make vendor money for level 1-3 than when you hit 4-8 range going from decaying skellies/orc pawns/gnoll pups to bears/cats/snakes etc. I usually still kill every skelly I see after they green out just to afford level 8 spells.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand there's a platinum/leveling guide on this site, but a lot of the recommendations are sadly beneficial for evil races.

So, I'm wondering what recommendations there are for farming some plat for a level 27 Shaman, soloing.

Ideally I'd be higher level, I know, but I need money for spells and alchemy.

Thanks in advanced for you help and comments!
Go to a newbie zone in the off-hours so you don't piss people off. SoW yourself and run around and pick up every decaying skeleton you see. Use a shit weapon or hands to aggro them so you don't one-shot them. When you have like 20, stop and AOE the lot with Infectious Cloud. Loot all and repeat every 2 mins and 40 seconds. Vendor everything, sell bone chips in EC tunnel.

Only get enough for your spells. Forget Alchemy. It's a giant money drain at your level and people can't afford your potions yet anyway and it's not like you need the potions yourself. After you have enough plat for spells, concentrate on getting to 34 rather than farming plat. Once you hit your mid-30s, farming becomes a LOT easier.

edit: forgot about the AOE limit, I don't have casters on p99. So if that doesn't work you can whack em down one by one like my SK does.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 11-08-2019 at 11:56 AM..
Old 11-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

the platinum store
Old 11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Try casic thule , Sol A, or Splitpaw, all drop fine steel, or camp the centaurs in south K , they drop bronze and you can sell there . no faction hit killing them