Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-19-2021, 04:36 AM
Aviak

I just want to update: I got mine up and running on Parallels as well. There were a few adjustments I made, it's hard for me to say which ones finally got this to click. I'll list what I changed and include a screenshot. It's safe to say that playing around with the eqgame.exe properties enough did it.

1. Run as Windows 10 on ARM
2. Installed DgVoodoo graphic adjustments

These alone did not work.. until....

3. Run compatability troubleshooter (use whatever settings it tells you)
4. Run in 640 x 480 resolution (change to whatever resolution you'd like, in-game.

Screenshot of my current properties tab:

https://imgur.com/a/6y4BlVX
Old 04-19-2021, 01:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzzYolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to update: I got mine up and running on Parallels as well. There were a few adjustments I made, it's hard for me to say which ones finally got this to click. I'll list what I changed and include a screenshot. It's safe to say that playing around with the eqgame.exe properties enough did it.

1. Run as Windows 10 on ARM
2. Installed DgVoodoo graphic adjustments

These alone did not work.. until....

3. Run compatability troubleshooter (use whatever settings it tells you)
4. Run in 640 x 480 resolution (change to whatever resolution you'd like, in-game.

Screenshot of my current properties tab:

https://imgur.com/a/6y4BlVX

Which files did you include from dgVoodoo? I get a black screen at character select
Old 04-21-2021, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

this works flawlessly on my m1 airbook using parallels 16 + windows 10 ARM insider preview build, no dgvoodoo or wineq2 required

1) set windowedmode=true in eqclient.ini
2) set eqgame.exe to compatibility mode = XP SP2, and set arm emulation to 'safe emulation' mode
3) run eqgame.exe patchme
4) profit

I tried dozens of different combinations of compatibility settings, but what actually fixed my crashes on launch was setting WindowedMode=TRUE in eqclient.ini
Old 04-21-2021, 06:11 PM
Orc

@nyclin any reddish environment glitches in EC tunnel, etc?
Old 04-21-2021, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@nyclin any reddish environment glitches in EC tunnel, etc?
EC tunnel definitely looked a bit more red than I expected, but I chalked it up to seeing EC tunnel on a Retina display for the first time
Old 05-07-2021, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Has anyone got P99 to run in Big Sur? Parallels desktop seems like a smooth option, but expensive. I’m headed down the boot camp route, but having to boot windows is a pain.

If you’ve had success recently, would be great to know what worked. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2021, 10:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Baba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone got P99 to run in Big Sur? Parallels desktop seems like a smooth option, but expensive. I’m headed down the boot camp route, but having to boot windows is a pain.

If you’ve had success recently, would be great to know what worked. Thanks!
VMWare Fusion is free for home use and works great with EQ. Just make sure under the settings - keyboard and mouse profile - general | that you have Gaming set to "Always optimize mouse for games". Otherwise mouselook will be crazy fast.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just a thanks to everyone who posted on how to get Project 1999 running on an M1 Mac. Aside from learning on how to install Windows etc, I finally got it working and it's a dream - much faster than my old PC funny enough, although it wasn't a cutting edge system.

The only 'weird' thing so far is that the few zones I went in definitely have that red tinge in the environment - more so in the distance than up close. If anyone finds a solution to this, I'd much appreciate.

Otherwise, I'm tinkering still with Parallels and learning how to use etc.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Anyone have a wineskin wrapper that's working with VM54 patch files? I've tried the few that were posted in the last 3-4 years : Vile's and Nym's, but when I patch the files individually as it states in here so folders aren't overwritten, the game doesn't load at all. Halp
Old 05-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by equiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've read through the last couple pages and can't quite tell if anyone has p99 up and running on Catalina or higher...

Has anyone gotten wine+p99 running on Catalina? How about Big Sur?
This. I'm running BigSur 11.1, still having a miserable time trying to get P99 working w/ Wine. No clue what engine im supposed to use. Any thoughts?