Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not?
People have to earn their pixels. You can't just show up to a raid, help kill things and expect a chance to walk back to Cabilis with treasure(!)

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-12-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not?
I'd offer a different answer: the real reason is that (so far) no one has been generous enough to give away for free something that costs them (ie. their time) ... and organizing players into a raid force is definitely "costly" (ie. takes lots of time).

Look, there is nothing stopping any player who wants open raids right now from organizing them. They just have to:
  • Get at least five people together to start a guild ("Open Raiders")
  • Keep track of the timer(s) on the raid mob(s) they want to have open raids for
  • Announce an open raid during the mob's window
  • Use their guild members (and anyone else who wants open raids) to race
  • Win the race

And then they can invite the whole server (or whoever showed up at least) to join them. Whatever you think of Hyjal on Blue, he was willing to do this kind of work to make open raids happen.

But when you think about all of the above, it essentially requires some very generous people to do a ton of work ... just so that random people can raid without having to join a guild (and do their share of the work). And people (eg. Hyjal) willing to do that work for others are rare.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd offer a different answer: the real reason is that (so far) no one has been generous enough to give away for free something that costs them (ie. their time) ... and organizing players into a raid force is definitely "costly" (ie. takes lots of time).
Bag limits for 7 day targets aside, this is the main factor. Open planes raids took forever and were a complete mess if they weren't run by a competent leader / guild. Ever seen 200 people wipe to PoF trash? Twice?

That being said, I'd still love to see an occasional open raid, but it will be a while before people have the appetite to run one of these again, at least in my circles.

Planar gear is still very obtainable though. Just join a random casual guild—they will take anyone—and show up to clears.

As for 7 days, after you wet your feet a little in the casual guild, app ST or Kingdom if you want to get serious.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor Vinelsalt =(
No salt, Its facts, Sorry If I hurt your feelings

"look, there is nothing stopping any player who wants open raids right now from organizing them. They just have to:
Get at least five people together to start a guild ("Open Raiders")
Keep track of the timer(s) on the raid mob(s) they want to have open raids for
Announce an open raid during the mob's window
Use their guild members (and anyone else who wants open raids) to race
Win the race

And then they can invite the whole server (or whoever showed up at least) to join them. Whatever you think of Hyjal on Blue, he was willing to do this kind of work to make open raids happen."

I have no clue if your trolling... That isn't at all an open raid. Like we Green had in the past. That is just a normal guild raiding/or alliance of randos.

Open raids gave peeps 30-45 mins to get to target. And see their first ever kill of said target, or planar raids. Without dealing with that raiding drama that is green/blue raid scene. It was super kool to see brand new players ie monk in hate win inny cloak on his first time ever seeing hate. Loramin stop trying to troll. Bc what you posted is 0 help
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-12-2021, 01:49 PM
Banned

My plan is wait for Bristlebane/Mischief TLP and simple P99 burnout to gank some players and then, once the population is significantly down, there will be more opportunities to get into a casual raid guild and for that guild to have more raid targets

Of course this means waiting a few years most likely...
Old 05-12-2021, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No salt, Its facts, Sorry If I hurt your feelings
Mental invalids can't hurt feelings.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no clue if your trolling... That isn't at all an open raid. Like we Green had in the past. That is just a normal guild raiding/or alliance of randos.

Open raids gave peeps 30-45 mins to get to target. And see their first ever kill of said target, or planar raids. Without dealing with that raiding drama that is green/blue raid scene. It was super kool to see brand new players ie monk in hate win inny cloak on his first time ever seeing hate. Loramin stop trying to troll. Bc what you posted is 0 help
You're missing my point, and it's not about trolling. Yes, the meta has changed here, and obviously that has an effect on things.

But ... there's nothing about the current meta that prohibits open raids. Someone could 100% do what I described ... or (alternatively) someone could go around talking to the major guilds, and getting them to agree to leave a certain target up for open raids. This would hardly be without precedent either: even today guilds agree not to go after each other's targets for all sorts of reasons. But it would take a lot of effort.

What's missing right now is the person who will invest that effort. If you want open raids handed to you on a silver platter ... too bad: that is gone. Or really, it never existed, because having an open raid has always required someone organizing it: you needed Hyjal, or Seal Team, or whoever.

Complain that ST isn't doing the work to organize an open raid anymore if you want ... or ... get motivated, and organize your own open raid (following a path that's already been "trailblazed" for you by others)!

P.S. I feel like I should be bitching about how kids these days are lazy, and how I had to walk ten miles in snow to get to school (both ways uphill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])! You have no idea how friendly the current meta is to open raiding ... relative to what it was even just five years ago (on Blue).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-12-2021 at 03:49 PM..
Closed Thread