Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like why do you have to level a little bit faster?
I don't usually care about a little bit faster, but sometimes the high ZEM zones seem to be hugely faster. I didn't do much hole, but I did move with a group that couldn't get a camp in CT to Lower Guk's BR once. It didn't feel like "this is a little bit worse." It felt like "this is so bad we shouldn't have bothered."
Old 05-12-2021, 01:07 PM
Banned

Dreadlands, overthere, and FV all much better than CoM.

Sola, Solb.

SK.

Everfrost, but ppl just solo...

Theres 5 people at spectres in Feerott but they are all soloing.

If u just added ppl to a grp at spectres you could all cover for eachother and split loot out equally by having someone vendor without slowing the killing.

The problem is everyone twinks so hard buying their next alts epic with DKP (or whatever else is unmentionable) that they don't even need the scythe or gem plat and don't want to grp or collaborate.

No one plays eq, they just AFK to fill up space while they youtube.

I recommend yall just log off ur pixels and tab between Chortles twitch and whatever other weirdo videos u watch online.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

I really like TikToks about blackstone grilling.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Its funny because before the ZEM boost it was nearly impossible to get people to go TO the hole, even though it still was really good exp pre bump up.

The zones you should complain about being so populated that people refuse to leave are CoM and Karnor's castle. Both of those zones BLOW for xp. Sol b is far superior.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 05-12-2021, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

......... Rushing through EVERquest.. Fascinating.....
Old 05-12-2021, 03:04 PM
Banned

Orc highway is desolate on green, so is FM probably aside from 40s farming plat.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Default Hole is fine

The Hole is one of the most underrated zones in Everquest history. I applaud the P99 team for making it an attractive zone to level in. The ZEM change was needed in order to attract people to such a place. Alternatives to the Hole for leveling are surprisingly slim for a group of 46+ adventurers.

My other favorite zone besides the Hole is Velketor's. Sadly, monsters have more HP and because there are less people there, you have a lower chance at getting help should your group wipe. That's always been a reality with EQ is asking yourself and your group members, is the reward worth the risk? Does a 1 to 2 hour CR sound like something people are willing to chance when they're limited on time? For the unemployed player base here, I'm sure there is no complaint. For the working players, it takes long enough to get everyone together to even enter a dungeon, they just want to jump in and play ASAP. Thus, the Hole offers the best convenience for the casual players.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 05-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one plays eq, they just AFK to fill up space while they youtube.
This is one thing TLP gets right... they significantly reduced downtime, so if you try to AFK play you are SIGNIFICANTLY gimping yourself... it annoyed me at first that my magician was ready for a new mob every 10 minutes, but now I like it

Even melees recover hella fast. My rogue has almost no downtime, and when he does I use resting and bind wound and I’m ready for another pull in like 20 seconds.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one thing TLP gets right... they significantly reduced downtime, so if you try to AFK play you are SIGNIFICANTLY gimping yourself... it annoyed me at first that my magician was ready for a new mob every 10 minutes, but now I like it

Even melees recover hella fast. My rogue has almost no downtime, and when he does I use resting and bind wound and I’m ready for another pull in like 20 seconds.
I feel like buying a laptop to box a druid on aradune and just do my kerran zerker thing.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
......... Rushing through EVERquest.. Fascinating.....