Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The left actually needs us though, they just don’t realize it. If all the conservatives vanished off the earth tomorrow, the left would eventually turn on itself. Marxism requires an Oppressor vs Oppressed setup. White male liberals might become the next oppressor, or straight black males, etc. The ultra woke would begin to cancel the slightly less woke for not being woke enough
I mean I know that but that doesn't mean the left and the right do. They equally don't know this. The right created the left though, but the right created it because the right needed to monitor themselves in a way that THEY aren't the ones doing it anymore, because they can't trust their dog eat dog determination to do it anymore.

But the issue is where you call a Marxist something and think that is all they are. it is just generalizing things. Most self proclaimed anything, aren't remotely that anymore.. Just full of hypocritical bullshit. Same logic makes left types say a pack of hat wearing jean wearing jacket types are literally White Supremacists..

This goes both ways.
Last edited by Shawk; 05-12-2021 at 02:22 PM..
Old 05-12-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I know that but that doesn't mean the left and the right do. They equally don't know this. The right created the left though, but the right created it because the right needed to monitor themselves in a way that THEY aren't the ones doing it anymore, because they can't trust their dog eat dog determination to do it anymore.

But the issue is where you call a Marxist something and think that is all they are. it is just generalizing things. Same logic makes left types say a pack of hat wearing jean wearing jacket types are literally White Supremacists..

This goes both ways.
And people make fun of my English.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The left actually needs us though, they just don’t realize it. If all the conservatives vanished off the earth tomorrow, the left would eventually turn on itself. Marxism requires an Oppressor vs Oppressed setup. White male liberals might become the next oppressor, or straight black males, etc. The ultra woke would begin to cancel the slightly less woke for not being woke enough
Democrats are center left at best with a couple of exceptions, and cultural Marxism boogeymen are so 2016 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least you have an excuse.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just making this thread shows how brain dead you are. Your type are the type canceling you fucking idiot. Worst part of Canada right here.. Cut yourselves off already.
Last edited by Shawk; 05-12-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-12-2021, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just making this thread shows how brain dead you are. Get real. Worst part of Canada right here.. Cut yourselves off around.
Alberta says hi.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:

But the issue is where you call a Marxist something and think that is all they are. it is just generalizing things. Most self proclaimed anything, aren't remotely that anymore.. Just full of hypocritical bullshit. Same logic makes left types say a pack of hat wearing jean wearing jacket types are literally White Supremacists..

This goes both ways.
Of course there’s going to be generalizations. Not all conservatives are pro-life, not all liberals are anti-gun rights. However, each party does have some characteristics that influence policy. And one of those for liberals is this idea that inequalities in life are moreso due to these intangible oppressive systems than by an individual’s life choices. And conservatives feel the opposite. Do liberals think individual choice doesn’t matter? No. Do conservatives think corruption cannot exist in any system? No. But their policy making tends to follow these generalities
Old 05-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

During his eight years in office, President Bush oversaw a large increase in government spending.

Ditto for potato.

Parties flipped.

Sorry they wont be running the bush legacy mirror image democrat candidate next election.

You're rooting for the party of pillage the fed to line their pockets.

It's like that movie Promiseland. They're looking to have their candidate run against their candidate. Whichever side wins, it writes goverment contracts.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-12-2021 at 02:38 PM..
Old 05-12-2021, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Democrats are center left at best with a couple of exceptions, and cultural Marxism boogeymen are so 2016 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At least you have an excuse.
serious.jpg
Old 05-12-2021, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Of course there’s going to be generalizations. Not all conservatives are pro-life, not all liberals are anti-gun rights. However, each party does have some characteristics that influence policy. And one of those for liberals is this idea that inequalities in life are moreso due to these intangible oppressive systems than by an individual’s life choices. And conservatives feel the opposite. Do liberals think individual choice doesn’t matter? No. Do conservatives think corruption cannot exist in any system? No. But their policy making tends to follow these generalities
Playing a game like ECO shows how flawed these policy making things are IMO. Just like voting it depends on people actually participating, few people participate or care or even know when anything is happening.

Dunno if that is a feature or a bug though.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just making this thread shows how brain dead you are. Your type are the type canceling you fucking idiot. Worst part of Canada right here.. Cut yourselves off already.

I am sorry, what?
I personally never cancelled anything.

I made a post about republicans crying about mr potato head being cancelled last month and now cancelling one of their caucus member.

All I say is I thought you were for freedom of speech and against cancel culture, what is going on?